• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker said:
Ballin pacing himself for the full 80 must be a factor. He was quiet the first 20 then took control back end of the first half. He did 43 tackles which was second only to Glenn on 46. His passing was crisper from DH than any others that took it on. It would be nice to have that Stranger impact off the bench and let him put a bigger effort in for around 55 mins.

Crisp? How many times did someone have to catch off their knees?

The Eagle said:

I have the game on hard drive and haven't rewatched it but I am pretty certain most of the poor passes came from others.

Ballin threw a few poor passes last night stopping the run of our forward.

Its something he never used to do but its happening more often, i believe he is tiring at times.

Higgins could be the answer long term but this year id trial buhrer for 10 minutes either side of half time

ManlyBacker said:
The Eagle said:

I have the game on hard drive and haven't rewatched it but I am pretty certain most of the poor passes came from others.

agree with that, with ballin having tape on his head it made it easy to id him & when the poor passes came from dh i'm sure he wasn't the one there.

dh?? While I rate Higgins he is a few years away, he's only a kid, interesting that Des dropped him the other day and gave Seu Seu 80 minutes in NSW Cup. Higgins isn't a speedster like Le Strange etc but quality passer, kicker etc, maybe a mini ballin. Ballin is doing great and he's 28?? so wouldn't be as quick as before. If Rodney was back it would be interesting what Des would do?

Darren said:
dh?? While I rate Higgins he is a few years away, he's only a kid, interesting that Des dropped him the other day and gave Seu Seu 80 minutes in NSW Cup. Higgins isn't a speedster like Le Strange etc but quality passer, kicker etc, maybe a mini ballin. Ballin is doing great and he's 28?? so wouldn't be as quick as before. If Rodney was back it would be interesting what Des would do?

Higgins isn't a speedster like le strange? Are you serious? Have you really seen him play? Its the one weapon in his arsenal that he really does have and it wasn't something that was really in Le Stranges game. I'm afraid you've got that back to front.

Are you also suggesting Rodney could play hooker??????

I have watched loads of Liam Higgin's matches in lower grades. Le Strange was very quick off the mark and he came on at 55th-60th minute when defences were tiring. He would run from dummy half at full pelt trying to draw players out, he was great at this and is missed by forum writers. Never as good when he stated games (Ballin injured etc)

Liam, in my opinion, gets the team going forward, quick and well timed passes, kicks great from dummy half but I wouldn't say he flies out from dummy half running rings around everyone. That's just my opinion.

The Rodney bit, if Rodney was back what would he do with the bench, (left it out, sorry)

Darren said:
I have watched loads of Liam Higgin's matches in lower grades. Le Strange was very quick off the mark and he came on at 55th-60th minute when defences were tiring. He would run from dummy half at full pelt trying to draw players out, he was great at this and is missed by forum writers. Never as good when he stated games (Ballin injured etc)

Liam, in my opinion, gets the team going forward, quick and well timed passes, kicks great from dummy half but I wouldn't say he flies out from dummy half running rings around everyone. That's just my opinion.

The Rodney bit, if Rodney was back what would he do with the bench, (left it out, sorry)

Can't agree about Le Strange. Wasn't really a line breaker, he ran the same play 90% of the time when he took off from dummy half, he ran on about a 45degree angle, then stutter and dummy once, then stutter and dummy twice and throw it behind a decoy runner. He was a good bench player because he was a different style than Ballin, he used the ball but I can't recall him ever really punishing a lazy defence.

I've also seen a fair bit of Higgins and to me he is quick off the mark and can really scoot when the markers are lazy. I haven't seen him in NSW Cup but that was definitely his go in the 20s.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6