So far this season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
We’ve seen some significant NRL crackdowns come and go this year. Off the top of my head there’s been the ruck crack down, which was enforced vigorously until people complained about the dummy half milking penalties and then they went the other way, allowing for players to now fall asleep around the play the ball. There was the sin binathon, which faded away after the first SOO game highlighted how ridiculous the officiating had become. There was the play the ball penalties which have all but disappeared (although they can still pop up randomly from time to time). As far as I can tell, the only thing these knee jerk reactions have brought to the game is to create even more inconsistency and confusion. I’ve never seen a sporting competition go through so many administrative enforced changes in one half season.

Last edited:
It is simply because the refs always take the new instructions waaaaay too far.

We sped up the ruck until we were literally playing touch footy. Then everyone complained.

They sin binned every man and his dog for a while, then realised that it was ridiculous.

If they simply enforced the new "instruction" with a small amount of common sense and balance then it would be a lot better.

It is simply because the refs always take the new instructions waaaaay too far.

We sped up the ruck until we were literally playing touch footy. Then everyone complained.

They sin binned every man and his dog for a while, then realised that it was ridiculous.

If they simply enforced the new "instruction" with a small amount of common sense and balance then it would be a lot better.
Common sense is all relative so in itself will create inconsistencies---so no it wont be a lot better.

We’ve seen some significant NRL crackdowns come and go this year. Off the top of my head there’s been the ruck crack down, which was enforced vigorously until people complained about the dummy half milking penalties and then they went the other way, allowing for players to now fall asleep around the play the ball. There was the sin binathon, which faded away after the first SOO game highlighted how ridiculous the officiating had become. There was the play the ball penalties which have all but disappeared (although they can still pop up randomly from time to time). As far as I can tell, the only thing these knee jerk reactions have brought to the game is to create even more inconsistency and confusion. I’ve never seen a sporting competition go through so many administrative enforced changes in one half season.
Should of went harder and longer, now the game will revert back to coaches ruling and ruining the spectacle.

Requires 2-3yrs at the very least to start changing the mindset from "how do we manipulate or find loopholes in rules to how do we just perform better within the rules"

Should of went harder and longer, now the game will revert back to coaches ruling and ruining the spectacle.

Requires 2-3yrs at the very least to start changing the mindset from "how do we manipulate or find loopholes in rules to how do we just perform better within the rules"
The NRL folded like a piece of paper, and now what we have is random games where the rule changes and interpretations are plucked out of thin air.

Any chance they could spend 2 years cracking down on the foward passes ?
I just saw a ripper for Melbournes first try.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6