Snow for Fro

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It took me at least 2 days before i could venture onto Black Runs , and even a little longer to tackle good deep powder.
That said , i do agree it is easier to pick up boarding than skiing , but that said boarding is just so much more fun.

Blue Cow first thing in the morning after 60+ cm overnight cant be beaten , in Oz that is.

What are the best Slopes others have tried?
For me as above Blue Cow and the top of Mount Perisher.
My Brother has been to Whistler and Jackson Hole and also NZ but reckons Jackson Hole is the pick of them.

Advanced not expert there is a difference once you venture outside australia

its not that hard. You half only 1 edge to worry about and if you start to lose control you just turn heel side and scrape the **** out of the snow, runing it for the rest.

Also you dont have to worry about ice or slush over there.

I wont get in an argument about who ruins what for who as I do enjoy both forms.Although , with the not so new curved skis , I belive the ruin the slopes as much as boarders do. The main diff being that boarders dont tend to stick to groomed runs. Its all bush for us. :dance:
What does suck is groing up watching many boarding videos from overseas and then having to put up with local conditions.

So are you trying to tell us that Advanced runs in Australia would be classed as expert runs outside of Australia?? That doesnt make sense. Anyway, what you meant was that you snowboarded on Green runs, which I can believe. :drunk:

Double Trouble and Devils Playground at Perisher are my faves. Outer Limits is good early for a blue run. Anything on Blue Cow really, there are heaps of good runs and its away from the novices.

I stayed at smiggins 2 yrs ago, great location for the acommodation. We had a variety of skill levels in our group of 6, beginners could stay at smiggs and were happy enough there, whereas the better guys werent too far away from the rest of the resort.

Never been to Smiggins. Just locked in this Sunday for a day trip to Buller, you farkin beauty, first trip of the season.

Have already pulled out all the gear and tried it on, just to get me in the mood.

Let me know how the powder is

Actually...let me know how the sludge at the bottom of Bourke St is....that's where I will most likely be most of the time

Hey Clon,
are you going on a coach day trip or driving yourself?

My wife manages a company that runs coach tours up there...ie discount

[quote author=Fluffy]

So are you trying to tell us that Advanced runs in Australia would be classed as expert runs outside of Australia?? That doesnt make sense. Anyway, what you meant was that you snowboarded on Green runs, which I can believe. :drunk:

Double Trouble and Devils Playground at Perisher are my faves. Outer Limits is good early for a blue run. Anything on Blue Cow really, there are heaps of good runs and its away from the novices.
[/quote]

No, im trying to say they have groomed runs as steep as olympic that are classed as blue black. They dont have black runs that are groomed nor does a few trees make it black, blue black at the highest or blue.

Black runs were long moguls and double blacks really farken steep **** that had to be cleared of avalanches with explosives before being opened.

Generally they were about 1/3 harder for each colour compared to aus.

I skied at a place called winter park, full of moguls

Matt, we drove up. Company car so no expenses, but it makes for a long day (left home at 6 and got home at 9) and the bus does interest me, can you email me with the details.

The day was fantastic, hit the slopes just after nine, there were a ****e load of folk there for the day. Weather was sensational, around luchtime we were in t shirts.

The afternoon was probably the best as we found a little rock face (about 4-5 foot) just off Summit Slide and pretty much settled there for the arvo. My dumb arse mate left the camera in the glove box though so I only managed a few mobile phone pics which I will download and put up later.

Snow cover is quite good all but one lift were open.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6