Snake's future remains uncertain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Brett Stewart's contract situation with Manly remains in limbo, just six weeks out from the start of the NRL final series.

As coach Geoff Toovey on Tuesday admitted some surprise at the protracted nature of Stewart's contract discussions - his current deal with Manly concludes at season's end - and Glenn Stewart said he would like to continue playing alongside his brother, Sea Eagles prop Brent Kite revealed Stewart may opt to remain with Manly for considerably less money than he could get elsewhere.
"The thing about Brett is he always has the club interests at heart, he really loves it here at Manly," Kite said.
"If he does stay he could be staying for a lot less money than he might get elsewhere.
"You don't begrudge someone getting as much money as they can, but when a bloke just loves it here and takes a financial loss to stay here that says something about him and the club."
Stewart has been linked to a possible move to the Sydney Roosters, St George Illawarra and even overseas.
It was reported as far back as May 1 that a new deal with the club was across the line but that is yet to come to fruition.
Glenn Stewart said he would like to see his younger brother stay at Manly but indicated it was not a certainty.
"Of course I would like him to stay," Stewart said.
"But at the end of the day he has to do what is right for him and I will support him whatever he does."
Toovey said contract negotiations between the club and Stewart were drawing to a close.
"It's getting there I think," Toovey said.
"We are hopeful that it is going to be completed in the following few weeks."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-25/stewart27s-future-remains-uncertain/4152692?section=sport

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2