• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Obviously the Prince of Brookvale, the Marquis de Manly Vale is playing injured and is probably 50% fit. I suspect knee problems as well as chronic hammies. He needs time - probably weeks and weeks, to get to, say, 85% match fitness. On the other hand, the club are paying him $54.2 k / month to play, presumably as Fullback for Manly.

Long term damage
to his legs, knees, hammies or any other aspects, would no longer be the club's concern as we can all see, that unless there is a sudden turnaround, this will be his last year. ie There will be no long term.
Therefore the club are playing him to extract value and for the sake of 'team combination' because he still helps with backline attack and is still 'safe at the back', albeit as long as he anticipates where the ball is gonna be, which he does do, nearly all of the time.
But continuing to play him in these circumstances, (although he would be willing because he is still 'Manly') is actually an indication of disrespect to Brett. Tommy T could easily fill in at FB. After these 13 yrs at the top, his 163 tries, two premierships, WCC's etc etc (minus the 2 seasons where he virtually did not play), the Club owe him a dignified and respectful end to his Manly days. That is why Trent Barrett, who is a beginner, MUST REST Snake until he is fit.

If a player is injured and can't play long term, do Clubs have access to income protection insurance ?

i don't agree with the line of Manly owing a player anything. The contract should cover each parties' obligations. @:cool:

Just for clarity, do you have an approximate of exactly when this 'right' was fully earned (i.e. the right to never be dropped regardless of performance), was it last year, 3 years ago, 5 years ago?
HE scored something like 22 tries last season so he certainly wasn't out of form last year or the previous years.
It's just that he's struggling with injuries this year and the fact that we have a ready made replacement in Turbo that people want to see him dropped.
This is a discussion he should have with the coach , if he's not 100% then he shouldn't play, they do it all the time with name players who are out of form, Vautin was a good example at the Roosters, he was out of form but Mark Murray didn't want to drop him to reserve grade so they conjured up a shoulder injury which ruled him out for the rest of the year and then into retirement

HE scored something like 22 tries last season so he certainly wasn't out of form last year or the previous years.
It's just that he's struggling with injuries this year and the fact that we have a ready made replacement in Turbo that people want to see him dropped.
This is a discussion he should have with the coach , if he's not 100% then he shouldn't play, they do it all the time with name players who are out of form, Vautin was a good example at the Roosters, he was out of form but Mark Murray didn't want to drop him to reserve grade so they conjured up a shoulder injury which ruled him out for the rest of the year and then into retirement
Thanks for that I see where you are coming from.........I guess it is an age old question and always will be 'How long do you persevere?'. In light of what you say it is also probably reasonable to assume if he is playing he is close to 100%. To put that comment in perspective, surely it is recognised by the 'experts' running the team, that in the modern game you are almost certainly better off with an inferior player going at 100% than a champion at 80% or less.....

Personally a massive Stewart fan & the form - though sub standard, is not the real issue - its simply the way he is playing, with his championship quality of being the ultimate combatant, all but faded away....after the service this bloke has given not prepared to kick him when down , but his attitude & desire has me hoping he makes the call for the sake of the team & himself.

Watched the Manly v Newcastle game live manly made a break, tom turbo down the sideline kicked in field just on the goal line,Brett Stewart dived to catch the ball but dropped it two three years ago he would have dived caught and scored but maybe father time, injuries ,and diabetes has caught up ... diabetes plays havoc with injuries...??????

FWIW read a rumour on Twitter that the club has suggested he retire but he has refused. Because it's Twitter, possibility of truth is somewhere between 0 and 100%. It does raise a dreadful prospect that we have a $650,000 (?) per year player in reserves for 2017 ...

FWIW read a rumour on Twitter that the club has suggested he retire but he has refused. Because it's Twitter, possibility of truth is somewhere between 0 and 100%. It does raise a dreadful prospect that we have a $650,000 (?) per year player in reserves for 2017 ...

Such a shame that he will be remembered as a player that went on 2 years too long and took up a large portion of our salary cap doing nothing

A rumour that is believable however.

He is entitled to the $650,000 though. I wouldn't be giving it up for the love of the club that treated my brother so poorly.

Pretty sure Mateo is on similar sort of money and playing reserves this year?

The Stewart brothers have made a motza out of contracts with Manly. Neither have been treated poorly. You all worship them when they are killing it, but when they are finished, fight to defend them. Honourable!!!
But Glenn was moved on because he was not worth his coin. Brett has unfortunately spiraled down quickly...I bet even he is shocked by how this has all unfolded. True legends of this great club regardless

I believe he is going to sign a 4 year contract with Parra from next year.
In the pre-season he will be tacked awkwardly by Beau Scott and have to retire early - with full pay. @:D Scott is a gun for hire :clap:

Stewart watched
The Manly club has been keeping a close eye on the wellbeing of superstar fullback Brett Stewart. The club has noticed that he has not been himself, and he would be the first to admit his football has not been where he'd like it to be. Stewart has been through a lot in his career and there is a fear that it's catching up with him. Those close to Stewart have heard what this column has been hearing, and they have assured us that he is in a good head space.

The annoying thing is that there are plenty of fans who have turned on him. He deserves better than that. That said, the next month of football will be crucial. Stewart certainly deserves time to prove he still has the magic and desire that have been his career trademark.

Weidler - SMH

I believe he is going to sign a 4 year contract with Parra from next year.
In the pre-season he will be tacked awkwardly by Beau Scott and have to retire early - with full pay. @:D Scott is a gun for hire :clap:
Can we just rent him for a training session now?

The annoying thing is that there are plenty of fans who have turned on him. He deserves better than that. That said, the next month of football will be crucial. Stewart certainly deserves time to prove he still has the magic and desire that have been his career trademark.

Weidler - SMH

We haven't turned on him. We just don't want to see him playing like he is because that's not how we want him to go out and its not how he deserves to go out.

I'm sure each and every one of us here would love to see him back in form come Monday night on the Gold Coast, and for the rest of the year for that matter. Unfortunately we're not sure if it will happen.

We haven't turned on him. We just don't want to see him playing like he is because that's not how we want him to go out and its not how he deserves to go out.

I'm sure each and every one of us here would love to see him back in form come Monday night on the Gold Coast, and for the rest of the year for that matter. Unfortunately we're not sure if it will happen.
It is a bit much saying we've turned on him. We have a history here of supporting him when the world was against him. Even Weidler says at the top that he doesn't appear to be himself. And we do have a football team to support where all the wheels and the spare seem to have fallen off. Sheeesh!

It's time for Barrett to grow some coaching balls and bite the bullet with Snake. The season is over anyway thanks to his sht coaching so get Tom T to fullback where he belongs and start finding a future team combination for next year. Snake to the bench to cover the inevitable back line injury we get every single game due to our sht strength/conditioning team and sht injury/rehab staff and facilities.

We are 15 weeks into a 26 week competition and Snake is still not 'himself'. :cool:

The Fans and paying Members have an expectation of a competitive Manly. We don't have it and don't look like anything will change this year :(

There is something wrong with the whole Club as it seems to be a transit lounge at the present. A lot of players are being told to look around or planning their retirement :cool:

Snake's bad attitude towards Chez and Toovey since 2014, is conveniently forgotten by Weidler yet completely damaging to our onfield results. :mad:

Compound that with the fact of Snake's dodgy hammies, and he is not likely to recover the form that is required at NRL level :shake:

It's up to the Club to stop the rot or we will have a repeat set in 2017 :eek:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6