Snake Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
For ages have seen Snake as our most influential player & even with all the Slater hype would not swap Stewart for ANY fullback in the game.
He is clearly the best option for NSW but if they pick the consistent Minichello & Snake is rested from SOO for the Seaeagles, I'm probably happier anyways.
Slater is no doubt freakish with his explosive pace off the mark but I find Stewart the best defensive fullback & also better at setting up his outside players. Probably similar defending kicks but noticed something last Friday night missing over 2010 & 2011. The Snakes blinding pace was ALMOST back.
Yes he scored off his support at 80% like in the gf, but against the Dogs imo found another gear.
With a healthy Stewart at the back, even with a dodgy knee, we are always a sight. ;)

As much as I worry about the risk of injury and would rather him play for Manly - getting that Blues No.1 jersey will put him back on top where he belongs!!

Yes, you might be right. He knows his club has always been behind him 100%, and winning last year's comp was huge, but being back in the Blues campaign might be another positive step to get him back where he belongs with the rest of the league fraternity. For his sake I hope he makes it. For Manly's sake, not.

MK Eagle said:
For ages have seen Snake as our most influential player & even with all the Slater hype would not swap Stewart for ANY fullback in the game.
He is clearly the best option for NSW but if they pick the consistent Minichello & Snake is rested from SOO for the Seaeagles, I'm probably happier anyways.
Slater is no doubt freakish with his explosive pace off the mark but I find Stewart the best defensive fullback & also better at setting up his outside players. Probably similar defending kicks but noticed something last Friday night missing over 2010 & 2011. The Snakes blinding pace was ALMOST back.
Yes he scored off his support at 80% like in the gf, but against the Dogs imo found another gear.
With a healthy Stewart at the back, even with a dodgy knee, we are always a sight. ;)
Couldn't agree more MK. Snake also has a much better pass and hands than Slater. Wouldn't swap him for ANY fullback. Our lynchpin and on the same pedestal as Eadie. Good luck to him if he gets picked for SOO, he deserves it after what he's endured since '09.

manlyforever08 said:
As much as I worry about the risk of injury and would rather him play for Manly - getting that Blues No.1 jersey will put him back on top where he belongs!!

I agree. I have always been of the opinion that Brett getting the NSW number 1 again is his last step to redemption. It's time to get rid of all the pretenders and put the Prince back on the throne!

Jono said:
manlyforever08 said:

I agree. I have always been of the opinion that Brett getting the NSW number 1 again is his last step to redemption. It's time to get rid of all the pretenders and put the Prince back on the throne!

I think the green and gold Jersey is his rightful place #1

I think Snake is a special for another 2 try performance against Canberra this Sunday. He's got that kind of smooth gliding back into his running style if that makes sense.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6