Snake is a champion!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4h-K4cn2uI&feature=fvsr

and sorry his try assit to DCE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoTEC1CDenQ

"please don't stop this from happening" Ray Warren

"...WOWWW...and all of a sudden, this game is gone!" Paul Vautin

Sums it up well!

What a legend. Him and Choc just seem like theyre enjoying themselves so much on the field. Alot More than most players today.

you just cant imagine the bloke ever wearing any other colours other then ours ,even on 1 knee he is still the best number one :D

whos slater ??? :rolleyes: :D

Wombat can hold is own don't you worry about that. The game is a good deal different today than it was in the 70's, but both players were wonderful in their own times.

I was at a Function at the Goldie, last year I think, and saw Wombat and Snake talking...so popped up and got a photo and then actually said to Wombat..."so what do you think of our current number 1"..Snake interupted and said "hey you should be asking me what I think about this great player standing opposite me".

They appeared to have a great deal of respect for each other.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Wombat can hold is own don't you worry about that. The game is a good deal different today than it was in the 70's, but both players were wonderful in their own times.

I was at a Function at the Goldie, last year I think, and saw Wombat and Snake talking...so popped up and got a photo and then actually said to Wombat..."so what do you think of our current number 1"..Snake interupted and said "hey you should be asking me what I think about this great player standing opposite me".

They appeared to have a great deal of respect for each other.

Nice. Truly illustrates how humble our great Snake is. Onya Brett.

If snake finishes his career at manly, he'll be one of the greatest ever to pull on the maroon and white.

Got a good mate who works at the bar at SFS and he served Brett tonight at the Foo Fighters concert. Said he was talking to people in the line and been friendly.

Snake is always a champion. Always been happy to talk to me ever since I first met him 2 years ago and brought up my own knee reconstructions.. then ran into him at the MWSE outlet and he was happy to compare knee scars with me and tell me all about his operations and take a photo too. He is my footy hero and forever will be.

Brett and Glenn are both tops.
Also at a function at goldie I was getting a photo with both and they told me I had to be in the middle.
Both are very greatful to the fans.

Loved the highlight 'reel'

Good to hear they're top blokes as well.

I will never ever forget the year that Brett and Glenn turned up to our touch footy and BBQ day at Brookie Oval.

We arranged it in the first or second year of Silvertails, then Alternate Eagles, just a fun day as fans to catch up. Byso was talking about it and Brett was in the group talking to us, Brett said he and Glenn would come down. We didn't really think they would, but hey they came in their own time on the weekend and made it a great day for all.

An absolute legend of a bloke and a player.

In those clips the best one is where he tips the ball over the guys head on the line and scores the try. He runs past the camera and the smile on his face is priceless, just reminds you of the fun days you muck around with your mates as a kid and try things like that.

It's funny, both Brett and Billy Slater have bean the catalyst for rule changes.
- Brett for tipping the ball over someones head, completely harmless and really not negative
- Billy slater for attacking players with his knees and feet.

sambo said:
My favourite No 1 in over 45 yrs of following the club...sorry Wombat

Mate ive been supporting the club for 30 years and I cannot spilt
Beaver, Cliffy or Brett as my favourites.

I deadset love the blokes, i cannot think of other players who when they do something special or achieve a milestone like these bloke have done that can bring a tear to my eye like those 3.

So glad I was there for that Tigers game in 2009, i'll be honest i didnt come to see manly that day I came to show my support to Brett Stewart and im sure others did the same and he didnt let us down with a cracker hat trick. I was flithy that i wasnt there the night here scored 100 but i give the scoop my whole neighbourhood knew about it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8