Snake DUI

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
RE: Why Snake must stay.

Bloody hell. Media frenzy on.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-star-brett-stewart-charged-with-drink-driving-offence-after-being-pulled-over-on-morning-after/story-fni3gnk1-1226891089399

RE: Why Snake must stay.

Yeah just saw it on Nein news...

Seems unlucky like Big Willie, still being slightly over the morning after.

Not ideal but not the crime of the century, please everybody!

Brett has blown over the limit while driving the morning after drinking.
It's low range but still not a good look. I guess we'll have to wait until details emerge.
Interesting situation for Manly.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-star-brett-stewart-charged-with-drink-driving-offence-after-being-pulled-over-on-morning-after/story-fni3gnk1-1226891089399

Snake in hot water with the police

It has been reported on Fox news that Snake has failed a RBT and is in police custody, the club has confirmed this and reported it to the NRL integrity commission.

What a shame. I love snake as a player but you have to be so bloody stupid to even think of drink driving.

Get ready for weeks or negativity again. Lift your game Snake!!

Similar to the Willie Mason incident. Not the worst crime in the world but still not a good look.

Done the right thing getting a cab home the night before. Just a shame he was still over when he went back for his car. Hope nothing too big's made out of it

If read the report correct he caught a taxi home .So that would mean he was done next day not knowing he was over the limit .Won't be the first or last person to do this but still wrong :(

So what were the consequences for Willie? Club fine. Sit out a match? An official apology? I guess Manly have to follow whatever the current trend in this situation is.
For those ready to string him up, he was driving the morning after and probably not at all affected by the alcohol that remained in his system.
I'm sure many posters on here have driven the morning after, operating on all cylinders and believing they're fine.
Snake should have had himself a big breakfast.
Manly to follow protocol and get it sorted out soon.

Disappointing. Unfortunately a mistake a lot of people make with regards to the morning after thinking they are OK to drive.

I don't think Snake will be stood down, but it would be a good idea if the NRL took some leadership over this and made DUI's a mandatory for stand down for the code.

ManlyArmy said:
Apparently the reading was 0.07

torana355 said:
Similar to the Willie Mason incident. Not the worst crime in the world but still not a good look.

Mason's was 0.09

I was talking about getting done the morning after, not the drink driving range.

niccipops said:
Snake should have had himself a big breakfast.
eating does not affect the speed with which your body process alcohol, though it can make you feel better

Masked Eagle said:
a good idea if the NRL took some leadership over this and made DUI's a mandatory for stand down for the code
Low range PCA is not DUI. The legal limit is .05 but that doesn't mean everyone with that level of alcohol has their driving ability affected. The offence is simply having too much alcohol in your blood, regardless of how you are driving and whether or not your driving is influenced by the alcohol.

Not excusing it, but Low range is a fine-only offence. For a 1st offence he may even escape conviction, but a fine and short disqualification is more likely.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
eating does not affect the speed with which your body process alcohol, though it can make you feel better
Well the coppers on RBT always tell the morning after people that they should have eaten breakfast. Being a usual non breakfast eater I try to sneak in a bite if I've had a wee sip the night before.:p
That show scares me into impeccable behaviour.:angel: Halo glistening while driving.

The worst thing about this is that he will be hanged by the Moronic Court of Public Opinion. The Masses, led by The Media are unlikely to see that it didn't even reach DUI level. Instead, due to a previous charge, they will gang up on him, despite having been proved innocent of that charge, and despite the very low level of this. Watch.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8