Smith to newcastle.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
straight swap. I must say though that it looks like the eels have won out in this one. Smith is nothing but bad news where ever he goes. Johns will be sacked and buderus will be playing for wee waa in no time.

Newcastle Knights management has announced that current Parramatta coach Brian Smith will take over the reins as coach at the end of the season.

Current Knights coach Michael Hagan will be moving to Parramatta for the 2007 season on a three-year deal, and the Knights have snapped up Smith to a similar three-year contract.

Having been searching for a coach for the past month, last year's wooden spooners turned to Smith after approaches towards Tim Sheens of the Wests Tigers and Matthew Elliott of the Canberra Raiders were both turned away.

The effective coach swap will add further spice to the first round of the NRL season, with the teams facing off against each other in Newcastle on Saturday.

Smith recently voiced his desires to continue coaching at an NRL club beyond the 2006 season, and is sure to have his work cut out for him when he arrives at the Knights.

It will be interesting to see how Smith handles going from a well heeled club like the Eels where money is no object to a club like the Knights who are not so flush with funds.

Now Newcastle can go through a period of not winning anything. Smith could never win the big one with Saints of Parra, two of the dominant teams of their respective eras. What's he gonna do with a Joey-less Knights? He better win next year - last chance.

It is ironic that Timana Tahu went to Parramatta because Hagan wouldn't play him in the centres at Newcastle and choice players like Carmont in front of him but Smith would.

I wonder what he is thinking now

It is ironic that Timana Tahu went to Parramatta because Hagan wouldn't play him in the centres at Newcastle and choice players like Carmont in front of him but Smith would.

I wonder what he is thinking now

That he should have joined Manly.................. :blush:

Smith lives in Wollongong and drives to Parra numerous times each session many times a week..

Hagan is going to stay in Newcastle and drive to Parra each session. ( I can undestand not wanting to live at Parra - from one who is very close!!!!)

Does this mean Smith is going to have to move to Newcastle???

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4