Slothfield Apology????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's DT has a Buzz expose about the grubby Rabbids. 'I sent a text msg to Maguire yesterday seeking explanation.He did not reply.' :p

He also has a go at Teflon Greenturd about the rule changes that led to the ballboy being abused by an NRL Official. The photo is daming. The kiddie is being accosted by a large adult on the field FFS :mad:

Parra said that he will be the ballboy on Friday. The Manly Players should give both boys a Wolverine Jetsey as a token of appreciation for their volunteering :idea:

HappilyManly said:
Today's DT has a Buzz expose about the grubby Rabbids. 'I sent a text msg to Maguire yesterday seeking explanation.He did not reply.' :p

He also has a go at Teflon Greenturd about the rule changes that led to the ballboy being abused by an NRL Official. The photo is daming. The kiddie is being accosted by a large adult on the field FFS :mad:

Parra said that he will be the ballboy on Friday. The Manly Players should give both boys a Wolverine Jetsey as a token of appreciation for their volunteering :idea:

Is it any wonder Maguire didn't reply. Why would you.

Best Rothfield article ever (admittedly there is not much competition for that award):

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/monday-buzz-chicken-wings-crusher-tackles-and-the-dark-side-to-south-sydney-rabbitohs/story-fnlt03ir-1227027412721

No Wolverine is OK...its a Parra jersey anyway...and they will be looking at giving them away, I'm sure

Jatz Crackers said:
The link in that post doesnt say it was rothfield as the journalist

And nor does anything in that article suggest the NRL "fed" that story to anyone in the media.

Frogz said:
Jatz, have a look back at Slothfields original article, that is what its about,....then come back, read it again and say something constructive...or really ... off I am really sick of your bull**** comments on anything I post...good night

Havnt posted here much in months. Not sure why the massive overreaction. What I wrote was accurate, no author was published. Have a nice day anyway tho.

RiverEagle said:
No @"Jatz Crackers" @Frogz link is to the aftermath of the issue (and Josh being cleared).

The link to the original article - by Phil Rothfool - is provided by @HappilyManly (on page 4 of the Josh Starling thread).

It is a bloated and hyberbolic rant by Rothfool, clearly a trial-by-media; and the photographer was a News Ltd. employee as well.

I'm not sure how you can miss the clear attempt by Rothfool and the Telecrap to incite the NRL to act (and not vice-versa).

WHY would the NRL "feed" any photo or issue to any media outlet, when they can act when and wherever they see fit?

They don't need media corroboration for any action (though they can and often use THEIR material to further an action).

@Frogz is asking whether Manly should ask for an apology from the News Ltd. stable (for convicting Josh from a still -photo-shot).

I seriously doubt the NRL would want or seek any public apology; considering it was Manly impugned after all.

LOL at "incite the NRL to act". Everyone knows the opinion of the journalist you mention warrants little or no attention. Especially Smith & the ARLC. Classic tin foil hat stuff.

He didn't publish the photo and by-line for Josh (or Manly's) benefit.

Nor for the good of the game.

Whether it played any role in Josh being charged or not, who knows.

He was charged though, so any correlation is a matter of opinion, as always.

Its so good to know that this site is being monitored by responsible/absolute **** wits like Jatz Crackers.....undermines what this site is about...but well done ****wit...Dan u leave this place in the hands of some real dopes

Still dont know what your so obviously cranky about @Frogz but abusing me doesnt help clarify it.

Whatever your opinion of rothfield as a media person it probably matches my own low opinion of him. But so what ? He doesnt sway anyone with anything he writes.

And his name still isnt on that article you started this thread about, and I contend it wouldnt come anywhere close to inciting the administration of rugby league to do or not do anything.

Now be constructive yourself and keep on topic sans abuse.

Jatz Crackers said:
Still dont know what your so obviously cranky about @Frogz but abusing me doesnt help clarify it.

Whatever your opinion of rothfield as a media person it probably matches my own low opinion of him. But so what ? He doesnt sway anyone with anything he writes.

And his name still isnt on that article you started this thread about, and I contend it wouldnt come anywhere close to inciting the administration of rugby league to do or not do anything.

Now be constructive yourself and keep on topic sans abuse.

I would have expected Frogs to be using French words Jatz?!?

As already explained @"Jatz Crackers"

The original article by Rothfool is linked by @HappilyManly (page 4) of the Josh Starling thread.

The link provided in the OP by @Frogz is the clearing of Josh (of the charge).

It even says, "the image that led to Josh being charged" in that article.

It's well-known and established that Rothfool published the incriminating picture and initial article.

It's clear to me what @Frogz is getting at.

The clearing of Josh, and whether Manly should seek an apology for "trial-by-media".

Pointless to try (by Manly) but that's the gist.

I really can't see where your contention or even " confusion " is coming from.

Read the Josh Starling thread, and you'll soon pick up the point.

@Frogz - 2 of your posts in this thread have been unapproved for breach of Terms & Conditions.

If you have any issues with this you might seek to avail yourself of the new forum , 'Leadership private enquiries' in the website feedback section.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
@Frogz - 2 of your posts in this thread have been unapproved for breach of Terms & Conditions.

If you have any issues with this you might seek to avail yourself of the new forum , 'Leadership private enquiries' in the website feedback section.

What a load of waank speak

True, but what can you do? the posts aren't permanently deleted, they are just not visible here currently as they have been 'unapproved' at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7