Slothfield Again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
It must be Sunday, this tool is at it yet again..
Now its because we let Arthur go to Parra..

SHOOSH

THE tug-of-war between the Roosters and Warriors for the services of Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran will make him one of the highest-paid players in the game.

TOOVS STRICKEN BY INTERNAL STRIFE

PRESSURE is mounting on Geoff Toovey as the Sea Eagles look back on what was a disappointing year by their lofty standards.

Head coach Toovey’s poor relationship with a number of senior players — not just Brett and Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmough — has been the talk of Brookvale.

Toovey’s job is safe for the moment but there are likely to be changes in his coaching staff.

Plenty of players are still dirty that the club allowed Brad Arthur to sign with Parramatta.

How does the club stop Brad Arthur signing with Parramatta??

Be realistic Brad Arthur was at Manly for 5 minutes.

Warriors is a new one... Add them to Parra, Souths, Bulldogs and Roosters and it is only the Broncos, Cowboys, Titans, Knights, Raiders, Storm, Dragons, Panthers, Tigers, Sharks to go.

Plenty of time left to cover them, then the RU rumours can start.

One thing you must say about Rothtool is that he is very consistent, especially when it comes to bile he dribbles about our club.

Gosh if we are in crisis, what does that make his beloved fish fingers look like?

Love the way that he insinuates that we are zero chance of retaining Foz. We will see about that, the Rorters and the Warriors would have to shed some significant cattle to land him.

Oh and to critisize Toovey over his relationships with the players well thats a bit rich when you consider that Tooves has been the glue that has kept them together over the last 3 seasons.

There is no way we would stand in the way of an assistant coach who had a chance to take a first grade coach position.

Time to take a break Rothtool cause what you write is really tired and boring now.

He's desperate. It was already known before he left Manly, that Arthur was keen to return to a Head Coach role, "...Arthur said after Sunday’s Grand Final [2013] that he wanted to coach Parramatta for the next decade.

I want to be a career coach," he said. "I think the club has got a bright future. I do rate their roster. It’s got a lot of potential."

AND

"The thing that kept me positive was I had a great job at Manly. There’s no question I wanted to be a head coach, but it had to be the right time."

Like most, he was sure to have the option in his Manly contract to take up a Head Coach role elsewhere, if available.

All Rothfield has done is either (a) highlight ignorance on what drives coaches to take opportunities for top jobs, and/or (b) further ingrained the failure of our 'senior players' to accept life in the real world, thinking it's the clubs fault for effectively NOT letting Arthur go to a better position on offer.

I call shenanigans and reckon he's making it up...again.

"Toovey’s job is safe for the moment". In other words, I have no basis for this article and am just dribbling. For most coaches, their jobs are only safe momentarily.

The media had a go at destroying Manly. Failed. Moved on to making the Tigers a rabble. Succeeded. Have now come back to have another go at Manly.

Should we follow the leadership of the sharks slothfelch?

This "reporter" is such a bottom feeder I can't believe he still gets article published.

He has named his team of the year.

And guess how many Manly players made the 17?

Thats rights none.

Dont worry he is such a sharp judge Hayne, Brett Morris abd Cameron Smith missed out too.

BUZZ’S TEAM OF THE YEAR

1. Greg Inglis

2. Josh Mansour

3. Dylan Walker

4. Tim Lafai

5. Alex Johnston

6. Johnathan Thurston

7. Adam Reynolds

8. George Burgess

9. James Segeyaro

10. James Graham

11. Sam Burgess

12. Ben Te’o

13. Aidan Guerra

Interchange:

14. Matt Scott

15. Josh Jackson

16. Dale Finucane

17. Jesse Bromwich

Well surely the Shoosh part is no surprise. Probably isn't going to be a club that isn't going to have a crack at either Foran or DCE or both.

The other part is just garbage.

His team of the year looks like the "Team made up of players who won a semi final in 2014 + Jesse Bromwich". Not a bad side though to be honest, they are the form players of the last few weeks.

I often wonder about this love affair players have with assistant coaches. Not often that you hear about them being disliked and they just about always have the players support when a head coach gets the spear mid season. Do you think it is a "good cop / bad cop" type scenario ? The head coach makes the tough calls and the assistant coach plays the buddy to the players.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8