Slaters Elbow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MissKate said:
Ralphie said:
Perhaps someone can enlighten the Forum about the Slater incident that happened in Melbourne Airport (I think) when the Group travelled down there for the 2009 Semi Final.

I have heard 2nd hand of an incident involving Slater and a young Manly fan.

It wasn't at the airport it was outside the ground, a group of the kids ran up to him when he turned up prior to the game and were chanting 40NIL, 40NIL, 40NIL to him (as they should) and he turned round and told them to F off. Champion guy!
Thats not what happened at all. A young Manly fan (too young to know better) approached him asking for his autograph. Slater then hissed and clawed at the kid, scratching the defenceless young fan. Afterwards he retreated to a corner where he dined on Whiskas, which helps keep his coat nice and shiny.

Fkn cat

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Those kids might have motivated him. Was that the game where he sunk us with 4 tries?

Nope it was the game where Slater was in the clear for the match winner and Farrar chopped him down

Reading the SMH they make ref that slater was paying Pearce back for a tackle in game 1. They say it happened in the last minute of the game. So i had a look and slater is one precious little bitch if this is the case. The tackle is highly visible due to the angles, and slater clearly gets up annoyed, all chesty and boofhead looking, fists clenched. From what it appears he resented pearce laying on him too long maybe.

Either that or Pearce busted his cherry or called his mum a rig as his hands were clearly visible

jbb/james said:
Reading the SMH they make ref that slater was paying Pearce back for a tackle in game 1. They say it happened in the last minute of the game. So i had a look and slater is one precious little bitch if this is the case. The tackle is highly visible due to the angles, and slater clearly gets up annoyed, all chesty and boofhead looking, fists clenched. From what it appears he resented pearce laying on him too long maybe.

Either that or Pearce busted his cherry or called his mum a rig as his hands were clearly visible

FMD...why won't this horse die? You realise that we are the perfect mirror image of "all those redneck Qld whingers" that were crying and carrying on non stop (supposedly...or was it the media?)about Gallen after game 1. I guess Qldrs are laughing just as hard, if not harder, at the Blues supporters that are whingeing now! (or do they give a sh*t?)

Billy being a grub is NO news to anyone. Good to see the media doing there best to keep the story rolling though to build game 3.

Elbows are obviously a weapon most would deem far worse than a fist but in this instance it was fair game in comparison to every game of footy in the NRL.
Maloney was holding him down & players on the ground often lash out. It happens in every NRL fixture & its often only good fortune it does not connect with the defender.
Like the rule change after the Gallen Incident in game 1, change it after the series not during it. In fact why was this rule changed considering the NRL use footage of Beetson laying into his hapless teammate Cronin as the memorable moment that made SOO back in the day.
Maybe the NRL need to look at the tackled players lashing out & start penalising more for this-not wait for 1 to connect. Imagine Mick Hancock- would have been permanently suspended.
This incident pales in significance to the knees & boots Slater uses at every opportunity & is a career/life threatening action that will end in serious injury due to being swept under the carpet.
By making the call " 1 all " all he has done is made himself a bigger target in game 3, but the elbow in this case....what goes around....

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Those kids might have motivated him. Was that the game where he sunk us with 4 tries?

No it was in 2009 at the old Olympic Stadium in Melbourne (round 24) we beat them 20-16...Slater didn't score so the young kid might have put him off his stride.....

One of the MWTS had a big banner with "40-0 Grapple that!" ... the locals loved it....

Kiwi Eagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Nope it was the game where Slater was in the clear for the match winner and Farrar chopped him down

@darren :D remember that bro :D

vidmar said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

No it was in 2009 at the old Olympic Stadium in Melbourne (round 24) we beat them 20-16...Slater didn't score so the young kid might have put him off his stride.....

One of the MWTS had a big banner with "40-0 Grapple that!" ... the locals loved it....

Hey vid.
That banner was a killer.
Remember seeing it on tv.

Didn't the grub just shoulder charge the Tigers winger....Nothing heard...again

Article on foxsports

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/is-queensland-fullback-billy-slater-untouchable/story-fn2mcuj6-1226673357387#.UdO7qvlvDO4

lsz said:
Article on foxsports

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/is-queensland-fullback-billy-slater-untouchable/story-fn2mcuj6-1226673357387#.UdO7qvlvDO4

Even QLD'ers know he is protected. But look at who the media giants employ Matty Johns, Joey Johns neither have great reputations off the field. Greg Inglis future immortal who punches his G/F's eye, I mean we can go on and on.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6