Slater to Coach QLD?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’d be happy to never see him and his potential anywhere near a qld side, I have quite enjoyed the ineptitude of Walters and Green, Slater is just one of those freak individuals and motivated types who could reinvigorate the maroons to produce another golden era.

All for it if it means not having to listen to his whining voice on Ch9 footy coverage
During the Manly Melb game on 9, it would of been at least 5min of talking about if Slater was keen to be the Qld coach. Then Cammy had his say, all on game time and us under the pump, ugh !! how infuriating !!

He should have learned already that QLD losses are blamed on him. He will be up for a world of criticism when they lose all 3 next year under a rookie coach. This is why I started the thread that he should retire from SOO.
Slater is highly regarded for his coaching already. Not just with Storms backline but with St Kilda also.

Obviously a lot of commentators are idiots but it could just be that Cherry Evans gets criticism because he isn't an inspirational captain on field that can inspire a team to dig in and fight to get back into the contest.

How many times has Manly in the last five years managed to grind their way back into contests when they were out? The 2020 season just snowballed out of control after Tom was injured, it was just one capitulation after another. Losing is one thing but losing because the team let their heads down is something that needs to be addressed

Last edited:
It is a good opportunity for Slater to get some coaching experience. If he does ok with this and serves his apprenticeship coaching the Qld Origin team with training wheels and L plates on, then he may be a good chance to make a career move as a coach for a regional team, Q cup or NSW cup team one day.

It's a bit like Sam Burgess taking on a part time trainee admin position at Souths, with a $400k annual salary. If he did well at that and got some experience, there is every chance he could move on to another admin job somewhere else and earn as much as $35k per annum.

During the Manly Melb game on 9, it would of been at least 5min of talking about if Slater was keen to be the Qld coach. Then Cammy had his say, all on game time and us under the pump, ugh !! how infuriating !!
Two words: get Kayo

I never thought I would hate anything more than watching Scam play (and play us).

I realised how wrong i was when he started speaking on Friday night.
Never heard him commentate and never intend to. At least not until GF day if we make it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4