'Skipping' runs - Koula Garrick Saab and others

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
Ok I'm not a former player just an observer of the game before I might be howled down (do your best).

The skipping while you are carrying the ball up to me infuriates the hell out of me. It never seems to help you break the line, result in a tackle bust . To me it stops your momentum. Is it a trained thing going on here?
Garrick is the King of the skip before the line.. I have no idea why he does this and honestly I don't think he even knows why.. and your correct it has Zero impact and makes it easier for the defence.. and I've now noticed it's contagious through out our become..total BS.. just f@#king Run hard and put on a step at the line.. if our coaching staff can't see this then F##K them off too

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
I worry more when player show a lack commitment and/or don’t put their bodies on the line at crucial moments. I can’t say Garrick falls under that category but Saab avoids hard contact and Koula is about 50-50.

NYEagle
I agree with Garrick and Saab but definitely don't see Tolu in this category. Quite the opposite actually. In fact I think Tolu runs way too often straight into defences rather than focusing on stepping around them and trying to out run them. Mind you he often gets the ball with 2-3 defenders already over him so not sure he has much choice. That's a really poor reflection on the coaching and his inside men.

I am OK with backs that want to skip/step/change direction etc. I do get annoyed watching Sipley and Josh A (sometimes) skipping before the line, rather than running hard. The problem is they inevitably have a slow play the ball after getting pushed back and wrestled to the ground, and we lose the ruck.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
It's coached in junior football and is a strategy employed by most outside backs in the competition. The actual motivation is not to make a line break, rather it is the runner looking for the space between two defenders. When you run straight and hard, you're easy pickings to (a) get smashed and (b) lose the contact, resulting a slower play-the-ball. If you 'prop' and wedge between defenders, you can find your front, win momentum and get a quick play-the-ball. Most middle forwards are a different matter and they can use their size to win contact. That's something substantially harder for many outside backs.

That's the theory of it. As Clint Eastwood suggests, it's often to varying degrees of success.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I don’t see it succeeding at all and it pisses me off as much as everyone else. Unfortunately hamole tends to do it a bit too 😡😡 just run hard. Yeah it’ll hurt, but that’s your job.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17