Six again late in tackle count

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
This. I’m sorry but Jake is the biggest liability we have in the team at the moment. Absolutely love him for his passion and the hits he puts on but I reckon he gave away about 5 six agains tonight. I just don’t think he should be playing 80 mins, Walker should be coming on for him and Paseka should be first man off the bench (though should really be starting over Taupau). We have a good team but Des’s rotations do concern me
I don't usually give a thumbs down but somewhat disagree with this.
Jake didn't give away "about 5 six agains", Klein pinged him for them and yes some are warranted but every ruck is a battle when really only about 50% of them should be in y opinion.

I'm sure there were others but one I distinctly recall is the tackled player got up and tried to step to the side and past Jake whilst he was trying to hold his ground ( ie the mark) but Klein pinged him for something ( yet there is no accountability or cause to challenge).

How the hell has the game got to the point that the ruck is a lottery when players are having to "win" every inch - some play the balls are pulled up, some can steal a metre or two where others are called back, some can push a player back or join the tackle when "held" is called, some can offload but some can't.
They all have to push the envelope whether defensively or with the ball and hope they get away with it.
I get that they can't see everything but it shouldn't be that it's a lucky dip.

No reward for one on one tackles. Should be called dominant and tackler given time to get to marker. Jake pinged more than any other player because he makes more one on one tackles. Similarly 4 players in a tackle should lead to a 6 again call. Only reason to put 4 men in a tackle is to slow the play the ball down as they peel
Aint that the truth...

No reward for one on one tackles. Should be called dominant and tackler given time to get to marker. Jake pinged more than any other player because he makes more one on one tackles. Similarly 4 players in a tackle should lead to a 6 again call. Only reason to put 4 men in a tackle is to slow the play the ball down as they peel off one at a time.

Well said.

The refs can control the speed of the ruck a lot better by calling held quicker in gang tackles. It ain't rocket science.

If it was penalties I can't see them being given.

No reward for one on one tackles. Should be called dominant and tackler given time to get to marker. Jake pinged more than any other player because he makes more one on one tackles. Similarly 4 players in a tackle should lead to a 6 again call. Only reason to put 4 men in a tackle is to slow the play the ball down as they peel off one at a time.
Exactly a one on one tackle gets a couple of seconds a gang tackle gets 4 plus seconds it’s still a tackle and should be treated the same
Unfortunately it isn’t

Just imagine if Jake didn't play for us.

He's good for a ruck penalty or 3 most games.

You'd be crazy not to target him.

Hold him down when ever he's on top. Some acting here and there. He's then just as likely to give the ref a spray, get marched 10.

More importantly get the ref further off side or get sent off.

ill-discipline does have a way of catching up with you on the field.

All's Jake can control now is how DISCIPLINED he is now.

Probably against the grain here but I'm wondering if Des made it part of the gameplan last night.

There has been a lot of chatter about the speed of the game recently and even NRL 360 called out manly for whispers into the NRLs ear.

What better way to make a point than slow down the game even more with line ball slow wrestle just to make a point.

I feel that the boys went out to do just what we saw under the idea of pushing the boundaries until the ref found his balls (which he didnt) and at that point they would have stopped laying all over the knights.

100% gameplan from a coach with so much experience. It worked a treat.

The NRL want the wrestle back and Des will give it to them. Thats when the powers that be will speed the game back up and hey presto. Des gets what he wanted all along.

I think it matters more what ch 9 want and its ratings. The NRL are pretty bi polar in what they want.

The rights, the covid game, renegotiation that had to remain secret , the cash, the draw, the broncos failures . Ch 9 drive most of this **** on one timeslot and rubbish it on another.

Vlandys appears to have done good things but the only way the game really grows is if it stops being the broadcasters bitch, and he has t done that.

Release the games vision, get fans on board etc but that really isnt in the broadcasters short term financial remit, so it wont get done and they need to reserve the right to backflip with community sentiment supplied by there own narrative

Just imagine if Jake didn't play for us.

He's good for a ruck penalty or 3 most games.

You'd be crazy not to target him.

Hold him down when ever he's on top. Some acting here and there. He's then just as likely to give the ref a spray, get marched 10.

More importantly get the ref further off side or get sent off.

ill-discipline does have a way of catching up with you on the field.

All's Jake can control now is how DISCIPLINED he is now.
He would be ( is being ) targeted by opposition players 110% guaranteed.

I think it matters more what ch 9 want and its ratings. The NRL are pretty bi polar in what they want.

The rights, the covid game, renegotiation that had to remain secret , the cash, the draw, the broncos failures . Ch 9 drive most of this **** on one timeslot and rubbish it on another.

Vlandys appears to have done good things but the only way the game really grows is if it stops being the broadcasters bitch, and he has t done that.

Release the games vision, get fans on board etc but that really isnt in the broadcasters short term financial remit, so it wont get done and they need to reserve the right to backflip with community sentiment supplied by there own narrative
Compare that to how the AFL is run , no club gets preferential treatment and no broadcaster gets to choose anything.

It was obvious early it was going to be a tough for us when we were attacking their line early and even Ennis called the marker not standing square off side with two clear infringements until we dropped it and the Clown played on.

He would be ( is being ) targeted by opposition players 110% guaranteed.
No doubt.

And Non of that is going to change any time soon either.

Every team is trying to slow the tackle. Tis Jake's lack of disciple, giving the ref a spray which now sees a spot light on him.

Although Manly traditionally have tactically walked a fine line putting pressure on the refs as well.

In this modern era where the refs them selves get coached, seems way too old school.

Think of Cam Smith he got away with purple murder in the ruck sucking up to the refs.

Jake might now either becomes the games most penalised player in the games history of ruck infringements (If he isn't already).

Or might just have to accept different rules now apply to him. He just doesn't get as much time in the tackle as everyone else, he might want to be a bit more friendly to those carrying the whistle.

Certainly not saying a words after they blow the dam thing at him might help.

Statistically, with the introduction of the penalty instead of a 6 again for infringements inside an attacking team's 40 metre mark, we're going to see more 6 again calls later in the tackle count.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10