Site spanners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
Just a query (no whinging whining compaint) on how everyone is going with currently using the site.

Ive found no end of trouble since the digg it was installed. The main issues are these:

1) times & dates on threads and posts are constantly changing
2) slow response times
3) even once I post in a thread i go out back to thread index page and it doesnt update
4) each & every thread page requires contol F5 refresh

Gtting to a point where i dont know if i can use the site because it takes forever to navigate. Would simply clearing cookies help ? Any advice ? Is it inappropriate to put this type of post here ?

Probably best in the general section under the bugs sticky thread and maybe a pm to Dan if needed

I have found when the times change i need to log in again.

In am getting logged out when I go between forums but overall it is slightly slower for me but I haven't had the same issues.

Dan would be best able to answer your Q

Thanks for the feedback Jatz

1 - This is an issue inherent in the script used for the forums and not something I can really do much about.
2 - This is a server issue and the hosting company are working to migrate us to a more robust server
3 - This is a security issue with your browser settings
4 - Security issue with your browser

Basically at the same time as adding DIGG I added a change to the way pages work so that they are picked up by search engines. This change was to change the files from php to HTML. They are still PHP files however when the server sees a request for thread-name.html it re-routes it to the file which is forum_viewtopic?1234 for some reason some security settings on browsers sees HTML and looks for a chaced version rather than a dynamic version. I will see if changing them to thread-name.php tricks your browser into ignoring the cache.

Dan

I have a problem where when I click on a thread a message comes up saying this URL blocked by surf control (work computer only) to get around this I have to click on a user name and then click on to their forum posts in order to view a threads content.

yup that is because of the URL i guess. Not the sites fault your works over sensitive controls

Thanks people.

My issue 3 & 4 are the main concern so i will look into security browser settings. (not sure how but I will give it a go)

Cheers :D

basically under the tools there is security option you are probably set on high

Hopefully they get us on that new server quickly.

Theres day's when I click on a link, walk away, make a coffee come back and the site still hasn't responded. Then, after about a minute, I get an answer back and the page flicks up in half a second.

fLIp that is really weird. Is it all links or jsut the forum

I just made another adjustment that may speed it up slightly. Previously we were pre-loading all the images. i switched this off which may give a slight speed boost. Am also going to make some other minor changes

It doesn't happen all the time Dan. It's probably a 50/50 thing and its all links. Its working alright at the moment and I know its not my internet because it happens on more that just my connection.

Even when i'm on another site and type in ST's URL it will take a minute to respond and connect to the site.

it could be your servers connection ot the dubai servers

what are your internet security settings set to?

I just cant replicate the issue at all. Are you accepting cookies?

What browser are you using?

Dan - I seem to get logged out all the time as well. I use Google, and Y7. Also, when I click on a hyperlink, 50% of the time it comes back with a syntax error. I then have to refresh, try again, and again until it works.
Logging me out is the biggest pain in the butt though.

For some reason, my anti-spy ware says this site refers me to hypermart all the time. That's when I log in. Maybe that could be the reason I am getting logged out???

Dunno.

That said - it has been improving of late.

hypermart WTF dude what anti-spyware are you using

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4