Site Maintenance: Feedback needed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
When changing over the forums we have a choice to move to a new URL.

Something like http://thehill.silvertails.net or forum.silvertails.net etc

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on this. It may lead to confusion but we have the following to way up

- Google has already indexed http://silvertails.net/forums and I can't redirect requests for specific threads to the new forums

- People may get confused and be used to the current system.

Just wondering how you would all feel about a different URL for the forums, is it too confusing already and you fear change?

If we move to a new URL I can keep this forum up for historical purposes and leave it as read only for everyone or I can just phase it out completely.

It doesn't make a huge difference but the less traffic that comes through this forum the better.

Thoughts?

can't you close the forum and put a hyperlink to the new site with a msg that we have all moved to thehillat.silvertails (new name)

we can but not sure that will be clear enough as even when its locked people still try to post :)

use forums.silver.... and put an auto redirect on silvertails.net/forums to point straight there, that way people are automatically sent to the new one even if they are coming from an old bookmark?

The auto-redirect means that the google spidered stuff is lost though. But I can live with that.

I will think on it before doing the conversion

How about: consideredviewsofmanlyfans.silvertails.net?
Or: spewgutscrap.silvertails.net?
Something along those lines.

hahah.

I have decided on something fairly simple and that should work for us

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4