Site Features: Game Attendance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Just thought I would share some more information on this feature as some people use it, some don't and some have no idea what it is.

Desc:
I created this module so that if you are attending a game you can simply go to the attendance game and click a button after you are logged in, and you will be added to the list of people that are going to the game. This then allows others to contact you, and you them to perhaps meet up for a beer, to watch the game etc. It's all about making the Manly supporters a closer and friendlier group and really build a real supporters community.

Additional Info:
The feature that isn't used much with this is the Edit option. Once you have added that you are going to the game, two icons will appear to you next to your name. A delete icon and an edit icon.

If you press the edit icon you can put in a host of other information about your event. Such as some a notes section where you can put something about where you are sitting, what time you are getting there, you can say you are looking for a lift or whatever you really want in here.

You can put in where you are sitting, how you are getting there and whether you want to meet up with people before, during or after the game.

Basically then people can contact you and you can contact others and hopefully meet up and build that community that would be good for all the supporters.

I have added myself as an attendee (even though I am not going) for the Melbourne game so you can click on my name in the list and you should see the additional info.

If you have suggestions for other parts of this feature please let me know and I will add them. I may even add a feature for "watching at other venues" for out of towners or those going to the pub etc as even that wouldn't be a bad way for fans to get together, even a "Suggested venues that are showing the game"

Hope this helps and hope to see people using it to its full.

Dan

vidmar link said:
Nice one Dan, thanks for that - another useful addition to the site

I implemented that last year, but no-one really used it so thought I should prompt people to perhaps start using it

Good to see Jono using it.

I am going to add a comments sections for others (approved by the poster and monitored by me) and also a rating for the game and an opportunity for people who use it to tie it to a game review, blog they cant write about the experience

It should be there but will recheck on monday

dan whenever i click on the whos attending part  my computer crashes & then IE  just closes ..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298440711[/time]

lmao i just have to rest my cursor on it & it crashes.. 

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298440936[/time]

it did it again.. im  just gonna leave it i think

really how odd.

I think the first issue we have here is that you use IE. my god a crappier browser there is not.

But can you tell me

- Version of IE (Help about)
- Version of JDK/Java installed on your machine (google)

lol  Dan ..
thats what im taking it as .. not wanted.. 

it could be the fact that the  works computer im using is still on IE6..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298446156[/time]

lol dan  i hate mozilla  i dont care  how great you all think it is .. its **** slow i will never have it again,

my laptop at home is IE8..  its ok here  just work..

Jono when you tell me ??? lol

IE6??

holy ****, that is an EOI product. MS don't even support it anymore...jeez

You think Firefox is slower than IE? You must have rocks in your head, there are upteen billion benchmarks out there that say otherwise.

Dan link said:
IE6??

holy s**t, that is an EOI product. MS don't even support it anymore...jeez

You think Firefox is slower than IE? You must have rocks in your head, there are upteen billion benchmarks out there that say otherwise.
yeah tahts work for you they wont update the EI & because im not administartor i cant change it

LOL CLON ..  its binglee  like a harvey norman store but they are only in NSW.. i think its more to do with trying to discourage us from hitting the net..

Well I would say fair enough then. You should be selling white goods, not playing on Silvertails :)

haha

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4