SIRONEN !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Lawton will definitely take the utility spot from Cust. And to that end, the improvement he has shown lately in the position probably means that injury or suspension aside, Croker will likely be the dummy half at least until Fainu is back (if he's ever back that is). Lawton can cover hooker and back row, which gives Des more options than Cust who is primarily a half these days.
I agree.

Crocker has almost been the biggest improver this year considering how out of depth he was last year. Its his defence I really like. Lawton is just a footballer, can cover hooker or backrow and would not look out of place in the halves or centre if needed to cover there.

I would not have Siro in my top 17.

I think Keppie has been a revelation in the back row, would start him there and brick Quac off the bench. Aloiai to start, Marty off bench. Some real impact there. Then I would keep Sipley on the bench as he has been going great.

TBH, right now I think the strongest XVII is (remembering Aloiai is also out):

Tom Trbojevic, Jason Saab, Dylan Walker, Morgan Harper, Reuben Garrick, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Taniela Paseka, Lachlan Croker, Martin Taupau, Haumole Olakau'atu, Josh Schuster, Jake Trbojevic. Bench - Karl Lawton, Moses Suli, Sean Keppie, Toafofoa Sipley.

I hate leaving Parker out of the side because he's been quite good lately. But I think as a centre, Walks does offer more. But, time will tell won't it. Right now I just hope Tom, Jake and Cherry get through tomorrow night in Townsville without hurt.
I agree. I cannot leave Josh out of the best 17 though. Best forward before he broke his hand.

I agree.

Crocker has almost been the biggest improver this year considering how out of depth he was last year. Its his defence I really like. Lawton is just a footballer, can cover hooker or backrow and would not look out of place in the halves or centre if needed to cover there.

I would not have Siro in my top 17.

I think Keppie has been a revelation in the back row, would start him there and brick Quac off the bench. Aloiai to start, Marty off bench. Some real impact there. Then I would keep Sipley on the bench as he has been going great.

If Aloiai was available, I'd definitely have him starting with Marty coming off the bench. And that's nothing against Marty, I just think his impact this year has been better when he's off the bench.

I think that Guac and Shoe should be the back rowers. They're 80 minute players and that's what you need from your edge forwards. Yes I agree Keppie has done well enough when he's played back row this year, but would rather him off the bench where he can play prop or second row or lock if needed.

I agree with Croker's defense. Its arguably been the strongest part of his game at hooker. Cust is probably a bit stronger in attack as he's more of a runner, but I don't see him as the type who can handle 40+ tackles per game in the middle against 110 kg props and locks. And with Lawton now on deck, I dare say Cade will probably spend most of the rest of the season in the Blacktown halves, when he's not 18th or 19th man that overlaps with a NSW Cup game.

And I 100% agree. Right now Curtis Sironen would not be in my top 17. In fact, if Aloiai was available ... Moses Suli wouldn't be in the 17 either.

Say Davey, Boyle and Fainu aren't playing the rest of the year, this is my full strength team:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Karl Lawton
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Schuster
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Sean Keppie
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Curtis Sironen

Backups: Croker, Parker, Suli, Sipley
Why would you have Siro over Sipley?
Siro is washed up.
What's the go with his injury? Been missing since RD 4 and was originally told it was a 4-6 week injury! I wish the Club would let us know what is going on. Obviously has had set back after set-back. The guy is so injury-prone it's not funny!
it’s that little extra time to pack his bags to send him back to the Tigers than first expected. That’s what should be happening if it’s not.

Siro played busted for a large part of last year.

That's the problem. Even when he does get on the field, he is still injured. And he's played less games than both Turbo and Walker since he joined us.

After 10 years as a first grader I don't find it likely that he's about to hit a long injury-free period where he'll play his best football and push for representative selection.

Siro left the door ajar for Guac when he left the building. Guac has walked in and shut it it firmly in his face. I see no reason to open it and let Siro back in. Schuster and Guac are the future and if they stay injury free they should be our first choice edge forwards.

Say Davey, Boyle and Fainu aren't playing the rest of the year, this is my full strength team:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Karl Lawton
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Schuster
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Sean Keppie
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Curtis Sironen

Backups: Croker, Parker, Suli, Sipley
not bad
i like
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Karl Lawton
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Schuster
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker
15. Sean Keppie
16. Marty Taupau
17. Curtis Sironen/Sipley

Would really need to see how Siro bounces back as it's tough leaving Sipley out
Would also need to see how Lawton's delivery is out of dummy half. Croker's been outstanding in terms of defence and reliability but crisp efficient passing is not there for him.

Siro played busted for a large part of last year. If fit I reckon he walks in no problem.
But don't you remember the write-up and photo spread he received in the SMH Good Weekend Magazine? He'd changed his diet to all meat and was injury free. There were photos of him with a carcass over his shoulders, and he acquired the name Sir Loin.
What went wrong?

1623198279672.png

But don't you remember the write-up and photo spread he received in the SMH Good Weekend Magazine? He'd changed his diet to all meat and was injury free. There were photos of him with a carcass over his shoulders, and he acquired the name Sir Loin.
What went wrong?
Probably needs some veggies, he looks like his on his way back to camp in a movie like game of thrones or some or barbarian type flick.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4