Sin Bin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can anyone remember what the run of penalties was leading into that sin bin ?? Had we conceded 3 or 4 in a row for similar offences ?? I do seem to recall that there was a fair time gap between the previous penalty and the one that Trent got binned for, and there was definitely no warning. Seemed like a ridiculous over reaction to me, but you almost come to expect that from the refs these days. I'd love to see the penalty time line for the game and see whether the raiders conceded a similar amount of penalties in a row.

Can anyone remember what the run of penalties was leading into that sin bin ?? Had we conceded 3 or 4 in a row for similar offences ?? I do seem to recall that there was a fair time gap between the previous penalty and the one that Trent got binned for, and there was definitely no warning. Seemed like a ridiculous over reaction to me, but you almost come to expect that from the refs these days. I'd love to see the penalty time line for the game and see whether the raiders conceded a similar amount of penalties in a row.
I've known plenty of times when the refs have seems a little biased but never a time like this when they just don't seem to know what to do, which rule to pick, when and how to apply the rules they can recall.

You can see a timeline of the match here;
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2018/round-12/raiders-vs-sea-eagles/

To summarise, Manly conceded 4 penalties in the 2nd half in a period of 14min 35sec, the last one that saw Trent sent from the field. On the other hand, the 1st half saw the Raiders concede 4 penalties in only 6min 15sec. Just another example of how the officials screwed us over.

The refs have gone from virtually never using the sin bin at all to the other extreme.

I don't have a problem with its use. In fact, it was under-utilised until this year.

But keep it for professional fouls and punches.
If they want to use it for repeated infringements, it has to be in the same sequence of play and close to a team's own line where they're trying to gain an advantage by giving away penalties on purpose to gain an advantage.

Why is common sense so bloody rare ?

You can see a timeline of the match here;
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2018/round-12/raiders-vs-sea-eagles/

To summarise, Manly conceded 4 penalties in the 2nd half in a period of 14min 35sec, the last one that saw Trent sent from the field. On the other hand, the 1st half saw the Raiders concede 4 penalties in only 6min 15sec. Just another example of how the officials screwed us over.

I see where we failed, we were too disciplined. Maybe some posters are correct and it is the coach. Come on Trent - tell them to give away more penalties FFS.

The refs have gone from virtually never using the sin bin at all to the other extreme.

I don't have a problem with its use. In fact, it was under-utilised until this year.

But keep it for professional fouls and punches.
If they want to use it for repeated infringements, it has to be in the same sequence of play and close to a team's own line where they're trying to gain an advantage by giving away penalties on purpose to gain an advantage.

Why is common sense so bloody rare ?
Dont forget Greenturds lifelong ambition to turn the soccer mums back to league,sanitize it enough so little johnny dosnt get hurt,have they ever seen the lower leg injuries in soccer.

I'm no ironstine, but isn't giving away 40 metres and 6 more tackles already punishment enough for an infringement?

The sin bin for repeat infringements started out to stop teams giving away penalties inside their own 20 metres. But of course, those pre programmed robots with no commonsense or ability to think on their feet referees have turned it into repeat infringements anywhere on the field.

Constant use of the non us killingvthe contest because of inconsistency. I can’t for the life of me understand how teams can concede 4 or 5 penalties in row then receive 4 or 5 back. The referees are having too big an effect on the outlines of games. Some referees are punters as well so caution is required.

We can’t trust the refs to apply their discretion consistently, so what is needed is a set of criteria that, if met, means a player goes to the sin bin.
Feel free to shoot this down, but if a team concedes 5 penalties in their own 20m, then that is the point at which a player gets binned. Yes, the refs might struggle counting to 5, so the NRL can ask one of the ball boys to help them out.
It’s kind of like basketball where a player knows that if they concede 6 fouls they are out of the game. A player might contest that they should not have received one or more of the fouls, but they know the consequences and so do the fans.
Just an idea...

Dont forget Greenturds lifelong ambition to turn the soccer mums back to league,sanitize it enough so little johnny dosnt get hurt,have they ever seen the lower leg injuries in soccer.

I don't need to see them. My knees and ankles are a living example.
Throw in a broken collar bone from a dog act while playing goalkeeper and I've collected the set.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8