Simulation in the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
One of the blights of todays game is the simulation or in other terms diving that is going on.

We see all clubs do it, especially when there is a try on and a defender falls over if the slightest contact with a lead runner happens, it often occurs when that defender has either given up or has no chance of preventing the try like what Moretti did at Whinger park which denied us a try.

I am all for protecting kickers when they kick the ball, there has to be some common sense as well, what we saw yesterday was Shaun Johnson make an absolute meal of the gentlest of contact from Aloiai, went down like he was shot, the on field referee sees nothing untoward and the bunker pings us as a result, miraculously Johnson gets up totally recovered and kicks the goal. I thought I was watching a cynical game of soccer where diving is prevalent.

The average size of NRL players now is so much more than the game was 30 years ago. Kickers were pressured all the time back them, you cannot attack the legs deliberately, I want someone to tell me, what was Aloiai supposed to do? Its the last play and he is trying to charge down the field goal, only brushed Johnson and we pay the price.

The NRL must wipe out the cheating that is a blight on the game right now!

Last edited:
Further to that , if this is now the case then they need to abandon Golden Point as ANY contact on the kicker is an automatic penalty in front of the posts.

What are they supposed to do , all lay on the ground and play kumbaya whilst the kicker has a shot??

I’m all for the protection of fullbacks & halves ( late hits are a blight on the game ) but if you effectively ban the charge down , then you have to ban the one point field goal as then all it could lead to is every side getting within field goal range , having a crack knowing full well it’s 2 points almost ever time.

****ing utter stupidity

A lot of the issues in today’s game,is due to coaches/players looking to exploit/cheat the rules.Whatever edge you can get by manipulating a situation,they’ll take it.Players feign injury to see if they can gain an advantage.Whilst the NRL are their own worst enemy,I do feel sorry for them as they are forever chasing their tail with coaches looking to make them look stupid.Refs aren’t doctors,so it’s a bit hard for them to figure out if a player is faking an injury or not.Remember the days of League folk bagging soccer players for taking a dive?
One way to try and stamp it out is to embarrass the player,call them out in the media,social media etc.Unfortunately in today’s society,it’d be deemed as bullying and we must look after their mental health

Further to that , if this is now the case then they need to abandon Golden Point as ANY contact on the kicker is an automatic penalty in front of the posts.

What are they supposed to do , all lay on the ground and play kumbaya whilst the kicker has a shot??

I’m all for the protection of fullbacks & halves ( late hits are a blight on the game ) but if you effectively ban the charge down , then you have to ban the one point field goal as then all it could lead to is every side getting within field goal range , having a crack knowing full well it’s 2 points almost ever time.

****ing utter stupidity
You word my frustration just about perfectly 🙏

Why is The Bunker the ultimate decision-maker and not the on-field officials?
Surely the ref and lines-people have the best 'feel' for the match. But now the ref has such diminished power he has to bow down to The Bunker, even if he/she disagrees with the Vidiot.
Why don't we just have a drone controlling the action? Why don't we let AI take over and make all decisions?

I say the following in full knowledge that DCE executed a bit of gamesmanship with his "dropped ball"

But as pointed out earlier he had the opportunity to take a dive also it seemed like AFB made some contact after the kick that wasn't addressed, I also believe he copped a high shot after kicking, I told the TV so at the time and amazingly his nose was red, a little swollen and a cut on it straight after.

One of the blights of todays game is the simulation or in other terms diving that is going on.

We see all clubs do it, especially when there is a try on and a defender falls over if the slightest contact with a lead runner happens, it often occurs when that defender has either given up or has no chance of preventing the try like what Moretti did at Whinger park which denied us a try.

I am all for protecting kickers when they kick the ball, there has to be some common sense as well, what we saw yesterday was Shaun Johnson make an absolute meal of the gentlest of contact from Aloiai, went down like he was shot, the on field referee sees nothing untoward and the bunker pings us as a result, miraculously Johnson gets up totally recovered and kicks the goal. I thought I was watching a cynical game of soccer where diving is prevalent.

The average size of NRL players now is so much more than the game was 30 years ago. Kickers were pressured all the time back them, you cannot attack the legs deliberately, I want someone to tell me, what was Aloiai supposed to do? Its the last play and he is trying to charge down the field goal, only brushed Johnson and we pay the price.

The NRL must wipe out the cheating that is a blight on the game right now!
The NRL caused this rubbish with their implementation of the Bunker and the Captain's Challenge system and all the other crap they've integrated into the game. If the referee could just do his job, we'd have a much better product.

****ing utter stupidity
So true!

I’m serious , if this is now the case then the kicker is untouchable in any way.

So when a kicker goes for a field goal we all sing Kumbaya , stop in our tracks , and let him have a free shot because if we don’t , it’s an automatic penalty in front of the posts , and the defender gets 1 or 2 weeks off on a judiciary charge.

I get the protection of the players , but if this rule is now the way things are done then Golden Point is DEAD!!

I’m serious , if this is now the case then the kicker is untouchable in any way.

So when a kicker goes for a field goal we all sing Kumbaya , stop in our tracks , and let him have a free shot because if we don’t , it’s an automatic penalty in front of the posts , and the defender gets 1 or 2 weeks off on a judiciary charge.

I get the protection of the players , but if this rule is now the way things are done then Golden Point is DEAD!!
The two point field goal is a dumb idea as well. If you can lose a game like we did yesterday, the entire system needs fixing. The NRL think it creates excitement but it actually impacts on the integrity of the match play. Without that dumb rule, Johnson doesn't even go for a field goal yesterday.
Take the short dropout rule as an example - allowing teams to attempt a short dropout without penalty, completely negates the hard work and skill required by the attacking team to execute a repeat set. It flies in the face of logic, yet that's the rule, in the name of creating a 'contest'.

Golden Point is now officially DEAD.

Legally you cannot touch a kicker , so they just advance up field , wait until the defenders run up , try & kick the point ( but that’s irrelevant ) the aim is to ensure the defender runs into the kicker , bingo , penalty , in front , you win by 2 points.

Absolute & utter stupidity

Yep. Just get the ball to a kicker who can hold the ball out and taunt the defender "come and get me big boy..."
RL is resembling the wrestling circus.

The one match ban with an early guilty plea can be seen as a cynical ploy by the NaRLy to cover their own faults.

If the club accepts the early plea, no spotlight will be shone on whether the charge was justified or otherwise. The NRL avoid further embarrassment.

So Aloiai gets a one match ban with an early plea for him brushing the leg of Shaun Johnson who went down like he was shot and got up to kick the game levelling penalty.

This stinks! The diver gets away with it and the maiming of his leg gets a suspension for the aggressor, what a joke our game has become!
And you watch , all 17 sides will now train for this.

On purpose you get as close to the goal as you can , your kicker is trying to kick the point BUT the aim is to keep the leg in the air and as soon as any player touches him , bingo penalty , win by 2 points.

If I was the coach that’s exactly what I’d be saying to DCE / Brooks “ don’t worry too much about the field goal, the real aim is to get a penalty in front “.

The NRL are ****ing idiots

If you go down injured because someone touched your legs, or a crusher, or a high shot, it should be a mandatory 5 minutes on the sideline to be assessed by the doctor. Similar to soccer where they take you off till there’s a break in play. That’ll stop the milking.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8