Similarities of NSW Blues & Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
Can anyone else see similarities between NSW and Manlys game plans ? especially 10m away from our opponents try line ? Both teams lack polish , Bob Fulton is the common man !

How to combat rushing in defence / umbrella defensive line

I am not footy coach but the logical thing would be, when we are 5-10m out from opponents try line

1) early small grubber kicks on the second and third tackle into the in goal behind their defensive line, all game until we score or force the opposition to change their tactics !

2) when attacking the opposition line, start and set our attackig line 3-5 m deeper than usual with a longer deeper pass from dummy half, and have our edges hit the line at speed !

2 simple ways to counter up and in rushing defence

early kicks and set the attacking line with more depth !!!!!

Something the Blues and Manly fail to do consistently

On on another note our forward recruitment is looking good , our backline recruitment we got some things wrong !

Yes Bozo must have a lot to offer ( forward recruitment ) and his input would be helpfull.

But the fact that all year we have not seen any support play ( players in numbers supporting our big men ) and our ability to alter our game plans is a worry !

Yes Bozo has experience, But NSW and Manly game plans look the same and its a worry

There really is no excuses in a result driven world ! Even Brad Arthur has managed to get results with plenty of disruptions

Trent Barrett
I think he is the guy that executes Bozo's instructions
I think he may have some things to offer regarding getting the most out of players and knows how to psychologically get the best out of players etc which is important

But overall it is very obvious he is very unexperienced, i hope he is a quick learner for the players sake and the fans

Last edited:
Can anyone else see similarities between NSW and Manlys game plans ? especially 10m away from our opponents try line ? Both teams lack polish , Bob Fulton is the common man !

How to combat rushing in defence / umbrella defensive line

I am not footy coach but the logical thing would be, when we are 5-10m out from opponents try line

1) early small grubber kicks on the second and third tackle into the in goal behind their defensive line, all game until we score or force the opposition to change their tactics !

2) when attacking the opposition line, start and set our attackig line 3-5 m deeper than usual with a longer deeper pass from dummy half, and have our edges hit the line at speed !

2 simple ways to counter up and in rushing defence

early kicks and set the attacking line with more depth !!!!!

Something the Blues and Manly fail to do consistently

On on another note our forward recruitment is looking good , our backline recruitment we got some things wrong !

Yes Bozo must have a lot to offer ( forward recruitment ) and his input would be helpfull.

But the fact that all year we have not seen any support play ( players in numbers supporting our big men ) and our ability to alter our game plans is a worry !

Yes Bozo has experience, But NSW and Manly game plans look the same and its a worry

There really is no excuses in a result driven world ! Even Brad Arthur has managed to get results with plenty of disruptions

Gee, if it was so easy I can't understand why Jamie Lyon with over 300 FG, SOO and Australia games spanning 15 years didn't just do it. Maybe when he gets a bit more experienced.

Until then we can blame Baz for not sending a message.

I am a massive fan of depth even if is used a shock tactic . Early grubbers are worth a shot as well. I am not so keen on simple cliches that do not really mean much. I find it so much more interesting when people do not use statements like "result driven buisness" and "ëverything happens for a reason" In 2002 despite having a roster capable of winning the comp John Lang coached the Pennies to 12th position. Obviously based on some of the logic I have been subject to on this forum , it is off with his head!!! The dopey leaders actually kept him on! Oh but wait 2003 they win the title. Maybe some plodder of a coach will win the title this year or next but only if they are not shown the door by a simple cliche

Last edited:
Our game plan of "safety first" is not only boring to watch it is ineffective against similarly boring teams such as Canterbury. I thought the Dogs were equally as insipid as us last night.
Rugby league is in a real crisis, and the video refs continue to make results a lottery.

Game plan????? What is this game plan you speak of? I have been diligently watching all season to identify one in one of our games and there is simply nothing detectable. Can you describe one for me please.

I am a massive fan of depth even if is used a shock tactic . Early grubbers are worth a shot as well. I am not so keen on simple cliches that do not really mean much. I find it so much more interesting when people do not use statements like "result driven buisness" and "ëverything happens for a reason" In 2002 despite having a roster capable of winning the comp John Lang coached the Pennies to 12th position. Obviously based on some of the logic I have been subject to on this forum , it is off with his head!!! The dopey leaders actually kept him on! Oh but wait 2003 they win the title. Maybe some plodder of a coach will win the title this year or next but only if they are not shown the door by a simple cliche

Stupid comparison as John Lang had proven to successfully get the sharks to the finals and close to the big dance plenty of times. It was his first year at Penrith not his first as a coach.

Stupid comparison as John Lang had proven to successfully get the sharks to the finals and close to the big dance plenty of times. It was his first year at Penrith not his first as a coach.
It is not a direct comparison at all and certainly not stupid. The point is if someone had run a poll on John Lang should have been sacked or wether this coach had the ability to take the Panthers to a title after such a hopeless season with a fantastic roster It is obvious that many would say he is a dud and has no chance. I had no idea then that Lang would take the Pennies to a title the next year and I have no idea who will take their team to the title next year. If you can do this then I will acknowledge my relative stupidity. Maybe we could just support our coach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4