Silvertail's team of the half Century ... Prop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who are your 2 props of the past 50 years ?

• Terry Randall

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • John O'Neill

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • John Harvey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ian Roberts

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Mark Carroll

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Jason King

• Brent Kite

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Martin Taupau

• AFB

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Ian Thomson

• Joe Galuvae

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • David Gillespie

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Phil Daley

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Kevin Ward

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters
Great, if he doesn't make prop, you can vote for him in the 2nd row. and I didn't decide he was a better prop, I simply listed him in a position he played a lot ...

This is not a team selection ... it is voting for players in the positions they played ..

Should I list Jamie Lyon as a centre or 5/8 ... should I list Bobbie Fulton as a centre or 5/8 ..

This is just a bit of fun and conversation piece during the off season ... we are not playing for cattle stations ..
Yes silly me - Randall also played lock and Centre - maybe he will be voted in 4 times.

Hard decision, Roberts is probably the best but no premierships.

Bill Hamilton won 2 premierships and isn’t on your list @Woodsie

Nice brain teaser here Woodsie.

Two different games back then versus today. I guess prop selection might be actually the easiest as not much change here. For mine, John O'Neill would be my first selected as he was instrumental in winning our 1st premiership ever and backed it up the following year with another one. His battle with Cliff Watson was something out of this world and closest thing I would imagine to Gladiators in the Colosseum. Kevin Ward is my other prop for all the reasons mentioned above and the fact that he absolutely led the way in that 87 GF.

Look forward to the 2nd rowers as the game has changed massively in this department.

Nice brain teaser here Woodsie.

Two different games back then versus today. I guess prop selection might be actually the easiest as not much change here. For mine, John O'Neill would be my first selected as he was instrumental in winning our 1st premiership ever and backed it up the following year with another one. His battle with Cliff Watson was something out of this world and closest thing I would imagine to Gladiators in the Colosseum. Kevin Ward is my other prop for all the reasons mentioned above and the fact that he absolutely led the way in that 87 GF.

Look forward to the 2nd rowers as the game has changed massively in this department.

I think the only realistic way you can compare players from different era's is by how much they dominated in their own time ...

Impossible task but for argument's sake I choose Roberts and O'Neil.
Roberts despite not being a part of a winning Manly grand final was consistently top quality over a long period. None were more athletic or tougher.
O'Neil played for Souths more than Manly but he was instrumental in getting Manly our first premierships. As a youngster sitting on the hill at Brookie I can still clearly recall the loud sounds of impact as this giant charged at pace into the opposition. Again and again!
Seriously considered several others but only allowed to pick 2, so there you go!

Can understand the appeal of giving a thumbs up to Kevin Ward , really quite remarkable what he managed in the 87 G F , literally just getting off a plane from the U K , playing in heat wave conditions lasting the whole match and dominating . As well as having a fairly solid season at Manly in his prior season games . Pretty subjective, really , other props listed have also produced something special on occasions,, and then some other criteria to also maybe consider with overall individual performance level .Would still stick with Roberts and Lurch however

Can understand the appeal of giving a thumbs up to Kevin Ward , really quite remarkable what he managed in the 87 G F , literally just getting off a plane from the U K , playing in heat wave conditions lasting the whole match and dominating . As well as having a fairly solid season at Manly in his prior season games . Pretty subjective, really , other props listed have also produced something special on occasions,, and then some other criteria to also maybe consider with overall individual performance level .Would still stick with Roberts and Lurch however

Ward was amazing , that game is etched in Manly greatness for all time.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2