Silvertail's team of the half Century ... Lock

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who is your best lock past 50 years ?

• Malcolm Reilly

• Des Hasler

• Paul Vautin

• Jake Turbo

• Glenn Stewart

• Ben Kennedy

• Ian Martin

• Nik Kosef

• globaleagle

Results are only viewable after voting.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
TEAM SO FAR ..

Hooker ... Max Krilich
Prop ... Ian Roberts
Prop ... Mark Carroll
2nd Row .. Steve Menzies
2nd Row .. Terry Randall

Bench .. Anthony Watmough
Bench .. John O'Neill
Bench ... Kevin Ward

Now for lock ... good luck ... again some good ones not named .. but I think the winner will come from those above ..

Last edited:
I’m only voting on the basis of who I have seen, and for me Gift is the best.

Contribution to premierships is a key factor for me, and Gift has two. It’s also why I rate Kite above Mark Carroll - Spudd was great but Kite set the platform for us over many more years.

I need Menzies at lock Woodsie ....just gotta....do it for ya mate Maxta ...
Well I'm on Beaver as the best lock forward I seen as a Seaeagles fan.
From what we got here - it's BK first up, as he basically was the catalyst for Manly as a genuine force from 2005 onwards giving the team the resolve and tenacity which was a legacy even several years after he retired.
Special mention to Glenn Stewart at 2 as a crafty, rugged lock who imo, was possibly the most underrated 1 on 1 tackler in the game, stopping players in their tracks and dominating the ground and play the ball....also silky skills including a crafty short kicking game.

I need Menzies at lock Woodsie ....just gotta....do it for ya mate Maxta ...
Well I'm on Beaver as the best lock forward I seen as a Seaeagles fan.
From what we got here - it's BK first up, as he basically was the catalyst for Manly as a genuine force from 2005 onwards giving the team the resolve and tenacity which was a legacy even several years after he retired.
Special mention to Glenn Stewart at 2 as a crafty, rugged lock who imo, was possibly the most underrated 1 on 1 tackler in the game, stopping players in their tracks and dominating the ground and play the ball....also silky skills including a crafty short kicking game.

The tribe has already put Beaver in the 2nd row ...

Hard to go past Reilly so will loch him in , great range of skills and Gifty and even Kosef at their best were right up there too . and then the regular whole hearted and big efforts form Fatty and B K .

Just for the record .. IMO ... the best footballer ever to play for Manly was Mal Reilly .. daylight second ... and third was Bozo a furlong back ..
Missed that era Woodsie - but usually share a similar opinion, real shame I missed out on some of these other legends...

Malcolm Reilly had an excellent passing & short kicking game. He combined wonderfully with Fulton and was instrumental in helping end our premiership duck. In summary, arguably the most skilful, toughest Sea Eagles forward ever!

Impossible really to go past Mal BUT I voted BK because IMO he’s the most influential player ever to play for Manly.

We’re there better players , of course , how could you go past Bozo but what he brought to this team in 2005-6 was absolutely immense.

Another hard one @Woodsie

Impossible really to go past Mal BUT I voted BK because IMO he’s the most influential player ever to play for Manly.

We’re there better players , of course , how could you go past Bozo but what he brought to this team in 2005-6 was absolutely immense.

Another hard one @Woodsie

Agree ... i think the benefit of a fan poll is ... that as fans you can vote with your heart ... without having to justify your decision with stats ... I liked him is a good enough reason ..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2