Silvertails Banner for games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Everyone,

I am looking into getting a banner put together for games for some volunteers to take to games and put on display for all.

I am thinking a simple 2m * 0.5m banner should suffice, though I welcome your thoughts on this.

So i am looking for the following

- Suggestions for the wording
* Currently I am thinking of
"Silvertails and Proud" (with the url underneath)

or "Proud Silvertails" (again with URL underneath)

any other suggestions? I am not looking for gimmicky sayings or any specific to the players etc. I want a mix of something that helps describe us as a supporters group and Manly and gets the name Silvertails into it.

- people who may be willing to be the custodians of the banner.

Dan

The current logo is also going under a redesign for the site. I am having it modernized and improved as well as having it vectorized so it can be used for print for shirts and other merch and may be all we need on the sign.

I think that hats would be more helpful in advertising the site then shirts. At the game people are fairly tightly packed but you can always see their hats.

AND I say again (and I know Dan can't say it) we all need to toss in to pay for it...we all enjoy the forum (at no cost) and Dan puts his heart and soul into this for ZERO reward and he should NOT be out of pocket for the cost.

I am happy to take the donations through my business and pass on the FULL proceeds to Dan, that way if you need to use a credit card I can accept it for him.

Rusty said:
I think that hats would be more helpful in advertising the site then shirts. At the game people are fairly tightly packed but you can always see their hats.

oh these will be later things, was just giving an example of what the new graphic will be used for.

Mark from Brisbane said:
AND I say again (and I know Dan can't say it) we all need to toss in to pay for it...we all enjoy the forum (at no cost) and Dan puts his heart and soul into this for ZERO reward and he should NOT be out of pocket for the cost.

I am happy to take the donations through my business and pass on the FULL proceeds to Dan, that way if you need to use a credit card I can accept it for him.

We may not need it. I have been putting a little away each month specifically for Silvertails after Leanne and i agreed on a budget. But will see what happens.

NO NO NO

The Silvertails community wants you to spend that on yourseleves, a nice night out or something (and that had better be soon).

We can raise the money for it mate, get some costs, post that on here and leave it to me!!

I think something a bit simpler like 'The Silvertails' or just 'Silvertails', bearing in mind I am very much a less is more type of person.

Silvertails & Proud (or variations of) just seems a tad camp to me for some reason.

Re: merchandise, T-Shirts are a must but how about scarves?

Mark from Brisbane said:
NO NO NO

The Silvertails community wants you to spend that on yourseleves, a nice night out or something (and that had better be soon).

We can raise the money for it mate, get some costs, post that on here and leave it to me!!

Mark is right there Dan. You should spend that money you've set aside on yourselves. It will come in handy when your baby enters the world.

Wolfpack said:
I think something a bit simpler like 'The Silvertails' or just 'Silvertails', bearing in mind I am very much a less is more type of person.

Silvertails & Proud (or variations of) just seems a tad camp to me for some reason.

Re: merchandise, T-Shirts are a must but how about scarves?

Scarves own!!!!!

I like EagleRock40's one though but made an alteration to it

SILVERTAILS
"SINGING, LOUD and PROUD"
www.silvertails.net

We have to bear in mind space will be limited on a banner, I want to make it a size that will get into most grounds.

Once we have a few i will put it to vote. Anyone who has any leads or contacts in the sign making industry let me know too

One about as big as the "No One Likes us" will get in anywhere, by the way that's just done on a sheet or something and would have cost almost nothing....I'm talking about a proper banner that will last for a long time (you know the plastic type ones I am talking about)...smallish, roll it up and in a carry bag to make it easy....I'd reckon $400 (as a guess)

Hey Dan

The sign needs to reflect what you are trying to achieve i.e. for the average punter what or who is silvertails

We know that it is a community for manly supporters however you would be better served asking people who are not members (or regulars here)

Copy writing is not my strong point!!!!!! (cue getting sledged) but it could be something along the lines of

Silvertails: The voice of the manly fan

and then the URL

Sure not the most sexy but is a good acquisition tool

I did a quick search for a few and a plastic/vinyl one 2m * .5m is $160 but only has eye loops and ties. but is a good start

Mark from Brisbane said:
NO NO NO

Happy to kick in a few bucks.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7