Silvertail observations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
This is a summary of some of the observations made from our lads at the ground:

Other observations from Silvertail supporters include:

Robertson was classy on the one wing.
Hicks and Bell have already establsihed a good combination in attack and defence.
Matai was fragile in defence again.
Stephenson was exciting in a late cameo in the second half.
Kite, King and Bryant all had very good games in the front row.
Dunley was sharp in the opening stages at hooker.
Menzies and Kennedy had a lot of game time and came through looking fresh and unscathed.
Watmough was impressive and put on a number of rattling hits.
In contrast the departed Sam Harris was very ordinary for the Tigers.
In Premier League our best were Ballin, Cuthbertson and Rose. Witt was average whilst Ballin is pushing very hard for a spot in the top grade.

No serious injuries to report.

Dunley's hit on Harris was awesome. Harris was seeing stars after it.
Matai also got a late hit on Prince that went unnoticed. He deserved it though :p

Stephenson and Robertson both deserve spots in the team after this performance. I'd have them on each wing and Hicks and Bell in the centres. JP Cherry was also solid, but not enough to garner a spot in the team ;). I'd put Willow as five-eigth (we need a goalkicker) and probably Monaghan as hooker.

Hicks doesn't want to play in the Centres. He wants to be on the wing which leaves Stepp/Robertson fighting for one wing and Matai/Alberts fighting for the vacant centre spot.

That's a bummer then. We could try Stephenson in the centres again, but it looks like Matai will get the starting spot for the first couple of games anyway.

Another thing to note was the huge penalty and error count. The match was stop-start the whole way through. Couldn't go 2 sets without either of them happening.

Its a shame if Hicks DOESNT WANT to be in the centres. How do you know this Mata. Are u certain ?

Mattai could be an assett in attack but its his flaws in defence that create the view we would have a leaky backline. There is also the issue of discipline & penalties.

Hicks defence was sound at Penrith when he was a centre so he moves to centre to partner Bell and we have Robber & Steppa on each wing. I just seems like the perfect solution to me!

Its a shame if Hicks DOESNT WANT to be in the centres. How do you know this Mata. Are u certain ?

Mattai could be an assett in attack but its his flaws in defence that create the view we would have a leaky backline. There is also the issue of discipline & penalties.

Hicks defence was sound at Penrith when he was a centre so he moves to centre to partner Bell and we have Robber & Steppa on each wing. I just seems like the perfect solution to me!

Serve me wrong but I can remember about a year ago Steppa stated he hates being on the wing. A year on he is sensational on the wing.

Who cares if Hicks doesnt want to be in the centres. He can grow up and play where he is told. He played better in 04 in the centres than 05 on the wing.

If we played everyone where they wanted to go we would have Monas at half.

Hicks told me personally at the Fun Day that he would prefer wing. Said he would play centre if asked but at the moment he is not being asked to.

I thought Matai went better today and I was one of his harshest critics. He has the ability to play at first grade level - it is his inexperience and decision making that lets him down. With time he will develop this - though maybe it should be in PL? He did some good things but it was noticable that his wingers didn't get much ball.

Thanks for that CW.

What about Mattais defensive errors. Thats what drives my wish to see the alternative of Hicks in the centres. Hicks is the better choice in defence, and for that matter maybe attack as well.

Has it been noted that Rose played the final 10 mins of the NRL game? (I think to replace king)

Not bad for "The fat Kid from Hey Dad" to back up. ;)

Another thing I noticed while taking photos of manly in attack is I was constantly losing sight on were the ball was. This was because Orford was moving the ball around the park in all directions.

I guess it shows that Monas play was predictable.

Rose had a blinder in PL according to Fluffy and Duff. Not much chance to shine in first but all the Front Row played well, somewhat easing my concerns about a front row that will stand up and be counted.

Rose was easily our best traditional prop in PL

Cleal styles and alphabet all played well with styles runnning off halden for 2 tries in his first 5 mins

witt was dreadful yet again and missed all attempts from the right hand side (same bad side as last year and as orford)

halden did all the work in attack.

Cuthbo was solid as was ballin, nothing spectacular

Meaney was awsome on the wing - organising defence

In flegg they looked lost without Groom, when he came on they commanded the game and won it with the tiges getting a late consolation to make it sem close (22-20)

matai and robbo on the same side gave me headaches, neither had the ball to call the defence accross

King was our best prop, not fantastic but did more than the others. decent workload and 2 big hits to note, lulu ran off orford very well.

Steppa got in the clear and looked as fast as hicks if not quicker, he has pace to burn this year, lock him in now eddie

Rose was easily our best traditional prop in PL

Cleal styles and alphabet all played well with styles runnning off halden for 2 tries in his first 5 mins

witt was dreadful yet again and missed all attempts from the right hand side (same bad side as last year and as orford)

halden did all the work in attack.

Cuthbo was solid as was ballin, nothing spectacular

Meaney was awsome on the wing - organising defence

In flegg they looked lost without Groom, when he came on they commanded the game and won it with the tiges getting a late consolation to make it sem close (22-20)

matai and robbo on the same side gave me headaches, neither had the ball to call the defence accross

King was our best prop, not fantastic but did more than the others. decent workload and 2 big hits to note, lulu ran off orford very well.

Steppa got in the clear and looked as fast as hicks if not quicker, he has pace to burn this year, lock him in now eddie
Fluff, I am surprised you can remember anything!!! :lol: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Ballin was sensational. He deserves to have a crack in the NRL. Problem with too much depth I guess.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4