Silence of the Lamb(kin)s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Not much being reported about the poor start to the Flegg season(club seems to report little),but after a 0-4 start I think it is time to change things up.We have arguably the best backline in the competition from 1-7 but at the moment we have probably one of the least experienced/talented forward packs(if not the worst at the moment in the competition).In the forwards we have lost a lot of guys to other clubs/ISP(Mau/Faatui/Martin x2/Fainu) and with injuries to some guys like Olakau'atu/Tarrant(not sure for how long)/Tepu-Smith and Titmuss coming back this week in the Ball side,we are down on troops/talent/experience.Wayne did a good job last year but probably needs to shake up that forward pack,he likes guys to play a lot of long minutes and last year with that experience and talent level that worked.He might need to beef up that pack and utilize the bench more with more size and agro,I also am not sure why with the loss of Fainu to ISP with little notice he now chooses to use makeshift dummy halves hoping another Fainu magically emerges...(Barry a converted backrower and last week Weatherall a junior kiwi centre/five eighth).Maybe Weatherall will develop,but maybe it is better to use some guys who have experience there?(Tom Menzies a regular hooker and Jackson Whitby a half/hooker utility a bit like Hastings).Hope some of the guys might read this site(who knows) and get ticked off reading this.....Get a win boys and get the season rolling....Ironically last season it took a while to work out who fitted best and where,hopefully it is maybe more of the same this year and it is just a minor speed bump.Some guys will move up from Ball after their season is over and hopefully some of the injured guys come back soon.Rant over,as you were...

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Is it a team of young players or are they at the limit of that age group?
If they are young then a two year timeline is ok ( this being the first)

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Is it a team of young players or are they at the limit of that age group?
If they are young then a two year timeline is ok ( this being the first)
Oh,no doubt that a lot have come up from Ball last year,I don't argue that,but with all the injuries and guys lost we need to change tactics.My point being that at the moment the tactics aren't cutting it and with guys coming up against more experienced guys,leaving young guys out there for long periods with less experience/conditioning is probably not the best tactic(talking about the forwards).Defense is always poor at this level and the best way of utilizing that backline is to dominate more in the forwards,beefing up the side and using some bigger boppers on the bench is a better option.(just my opinion and yes we do have the guys at the moment even with the injured guys out who can do this)Using guys who know how to play dummy half as opposed to backrowers would probably help too...maybe Weatherall will improve?

The Who

Journey Man
Why aren't we seeing our Flegg boys play before the Intrust Cup and NRL?
Hasn't this competition slipped. In previous seasons the Holden Cup was a prestige comp. Now you can't even find the scores.
I'm surprised at our poor results this year. I thought we had a host of players from our premiership-winning Under 20s playing again this season. How could we fall so far so quickly?

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Why aren't we seeing our Flegg boys play before the Intrust Cup and NRL?
Hasn't this competition slipped. In previous seasons the Holden Cup was a prestige comp. Now you can't even find the scores.
I'm surprised at our poor results this year. I thought we had a host of players from our premiership-winning Under 20s playing again this season. How could we fall so far so quickly?
Largely the forwards in my opinion,lost a bit of experience and some injuries to some of the current leaders in the pack(Titmuss and Tepu-Smith got injured in Ball before Flegg season began,and Olakau'atu and Tarrant were missing this week,but should still be doing a bit better than this).Playing long minutes at this level works when you have experienced guys,doesn't work as well with inexperienced,less talented guys.(backline is still talented..)I should add that Fainu being promoted to ISP when he was going to play at Flegg level has hurt them(don't like the comparison,but like the Storm losing Scam Smith)

Gambit

Forwards are a mess and deffinately not enough aggro however they cant take all the blame. Teams know our game plan and how we play and are more prepared for us. Our pack can’t win if our halves are unorganised and our halves can’t win if the forwards are getting beaten.

0-4 so far. Our pack matched the Knights, outside backs were terrible and 10 tries were ran through them. Parra we lost the first 20mins due to errors and a huge lopsided penalty count. Once we got some ball in the second half our forwards matched them. Our pack were better then cronullas, again poor defense from our outside backs cost us. Against Mounties the boys just looked under strength and shot.

From last year we have lost from the props faatui, mau and Paseka. Lost Jesse Martin at lock, Josh Martin at second row/lock. Manase Fainu at hooker. Fainu has been a huge loss. We haven’t replaced with the same quality. Tuivati, Tarrant and Titmuss are the only decent props in the squad. Titmuss is coming back from injury in Sg ball and now Tarrant is injured. Tuivati is forced to play huge minutes to cover. Second rower Blake Andrews is down on form. Fenn, Naati, Hammond, tepu smith have all done nothing since being at the club. Tom Menzies had a go at hooker and couldn’t put a pass on the chest. New recruit Jordan Main has excelled at lock but has now been moved to second row to cover the injury to Haumole Olakautu. Cupboard is empty.

The backs have been dreadful despite boasting real quality. We lost Anderson, Polselli and Tom Wright. Funa, Smalley, Kiaoa and Maarbani have all been way below form and ordinary. Weatherall has failed at fullback. The halves Cust and Metcalf won’t play to the game plan the coach is providing them as there is no cohesion between them, one of them needs to take control. Cust is trying but the partnership isn’t gelling. We have had plenty of chances on the oppositions line but we just can’t seem to score points.

Metcalf for all his talent in attack is a major liability in defense, teams are now targeting him and he struggles to make one on one tackles and basically just gets steamrolled. The word going around is that he makes a good touch player.

Blame the forwards, blame the backs, blame the tactics and blame the recruitment. With injuries and lack of form will only get worse before it gets better.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Forwards are a mess and deffinately not enough aggro however they cant take all the blame. Teams know our game plan and how we play and are more prepared for us. Our pack can’t win if our halves are unorganised and our halves can’t win if the forwards are getting beaten.

0-4 so far. Our pack matched the Knights, outside backs were terrible and 10 tries were ran through them. Parra we lost the first 20mins due to errors and a huge lopsided penalty count. Once we got some ball in the second half our forwards matched them. Our pack were better then cronullas, again poor defense from our outside backs cost us. Against Mounties the boys just looked under strength and shot.

From last year we have lost from the props faatui, mau and Paseka. Lost Jesse Martin at lock, Josh Martin at second row/lock. Manase Fainu at hooker. Fainu has been a huge loss. We haven’t replaced with the same quality. Tuivati, Tarrant and Titmuss are the only decent props in the squad. Titmuss is coming back from injury in Sg ball and now Tarrant is injured. Tuivati is forced to play huge minutes to cover. Second rower Blake Andrews is down on form. Fenn, Naati, Hammond, tepu smith have all done nothing since being at the club. Tom Menzies had a go at hooker and couldn’t put a pass on the chest. New recruit Jordan Main has excelled at lock but has now been moved to second row to cover the injury to Haumole Olakautu. Cupboard is empty.

The backs have been dreadful despite boasting real quality. We lost Anderson, Polselli and Tom Wright. Funa, Smalley, Kiaoa and Maarbani have all been way below form and ordinary. Weatherall has failed at fullback. The halves Cust and Metcalf won’t play to the game plan the coach is providing them as there is no cohesion between them, one of them needs to take control. Cust is trying but the partnership isn’t gelling. We have had plenty of chances on the oppositions line but we just can’t seem to score points.

Metcalf for all his talent in attack is a major liability in defense, teams are now targeting him and he struggles to make one on one tackles and basically just gets steamrolled. The word going around is that he makes a good touch player.

Blame the forwards, blame the backs, blame the tactics and blame the recruitment. With injuries and lack of form will only get worse before it gets better.
War and peace.

Smokin Joe

Bencher

I agree mate,but having one starting prop and one off the bench(Tuivaiti/Fenn) when we have Hammond and Naati twiddling their thumbs?Tepu-Smith did not set the world on fire in the early Ball matches but has been injured,but lets hope some guys come back soon and Titmuss helps out when his Ball commitments are over...Maybe time to let young Whitby have a shot?Anyway will be interesting to see selections this week...

manly al

First Grader
The Manly 20 "s premiers last year had a couple heavy losses amongst a string of regular losses from memory but somehow were able to regroup and to just make the finals . Is a bit disappointing to notice their recent results and even though they still have the nucleus of a good side , no doubt miss the class of Tom Wright and Fainu . Metcalfe seems the real disappointment , really good speed and skills . Thought that he could also play half back to maybe get some confidence back and especially in defence but Cust is there . Hope that he realizes that there is plenty of time to be a good touch footballer but only limited time to make it in the N R L as a player .

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I recall during their finals campaign last year a commentator mentioned their poor early season form ...

An explanation was presented that early in the year, Lambkin concentrated on the individual players and their respective skills and performance. Only later when he was satisfied did he then begin to meld them into a team.

I found that a refreshing and interesting approach ... how true or relevant it is ......

manly al

First Grader
I recall during their finals campaign last year a commentator mentioned their poor early season form ...

An explanation was presented that early in the year, Lambkin concentrated on the individual players and their respective skills and performance. Only later when he was satisfied did he then begin to meld them into a team.

I found that a refreshing and interesting approach ... how true or relevant it is ......
Probably quite an insightful take on Lambkin's coaching approach last season. Also forgot to include missing Anderson "s ability this season , a really promising and good footballer on any measure . As also mentioned , some serious injury factors especially to his forwards seem to be a major issue for Lambkin . and even the best of coaches can "t control and is adversely affected in this situation .

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Tarrant is back this week in hopefully a boost for the pack,Looks like the prop Tepu-Smith is out of favour as well as the hooker Whitby who are both selected in the Blacktown Shield side this weekend.Hard to fathom how Tepu-Smith has fallen so out of favour,he was selected in the junior kiwi squad last year after being recruited mid season from the eels,must be something going on....Hope the boys lift this week...

Smokin Joe

Bencher
You get a like for using paragraphs. Something a couple of our serial long posters should do!

I never used to read them until I got knighted modded, and now I have to in case someone secretly types something bad about Dan in them.

So thanks!
Retired schoolteacher or OCD? ;) Paragraphs are only useful when you are separating points into order to make an argument,when you are just rambling/ranting with no logical progression of a point to prove then paragraphs are pointless...

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Retired schoolteacher or OCD? ;) Paragraphs are only useful when you are separating points into order to make an argument,when you are just rambling/ranting with no logical progression of a point to prove then paragraphs are pointless...

I'd guess you'd know.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just kidding! (relax) :) :angel:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18