Siege in the city

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Absolutely rediculous that things like this are happening in our country. Thoughts are with everyone involved in the situation today.

We have been told to lock our doors etc...which is a massive over reaction if you ask me

Isz - I work down at King Street Wharf and we've been advised to stay inside. We are a long way from Martin Place.

I had to pop out quickly and it was pretty quiet for 12 in the city

We are not too far, maybe 400 m or so and access to our floor is locked and we cannot leave. I didn't have breakfast and didn't bring in lunch!!!!

Anyway I can't see this ending well. Poor people in the shop.

I hope this ends well for all, though it seems unlikely. The world we live in stinks.

Thoughts and prays to everyone affected by this. Please try to keep safe everyone.

mozgrame said:
I hope this ends well for all, though it seems unlikely. The world we live in stinks.

Thoughts and prays to everyone affected by this. Please try to keep safe everyone.

ditto

Garts said:
We are not too far, maybe 400 m or so and access to our floor is locked and we cannot leave. I didn't have breakfast and didn't bring in lunch!!!!

We are the same now, but there is talk we can go soon

Garts said:

order pizza!

Garts said:

Garts what time did you end up getting out?

Well thankfully it wasn't the terrorist attack that everyone was getting all worked up about. Just some complete and utter nutjob. Still little consolation for the families of the victims. How he was allowed out on bail is mind boggling given his history.

lsz said:
Garts said:

Garts what time did you end up getting out?

I left around 1pm as I had a lift and told work I wanted to take it otherwise transport home would be a nightmare.

Chip and Chase said:
Well thankfully it wasn't the terrorist attack that everyone was getting all worked up about. Just some complete and utter nutjob. Still little consolation for the families of the victims. How he was allowed out on bail is mind boggling given his history.

Thankfully it was not a terrorist attack to the degree that everyone initially thought but imo it is still a form of terrorism. Some are saying IS had nothing to do with it but I disagree. Whilst he may have had no connection to IS they had been asking followers to commit these kinds of acts in Aus, US, UK etc. That helped drive it.

But yeah, how he was allowed out is baffling.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7