Side v Cowboys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
It looks as though des has shown his hand for the first game. Willo at lock and Lyon at 5/8. The battle for positions will be on the bench.

Burns or Ballin (1 only)
Rose/Bryant/Hall (2 only)
Stewart

Stewart, Robertson, Bell, Matai, Hicks, Lyon, Orford, Williamson, Menzies, Watmough, King, Monaghan, Kite. Bench: Rose, Bryant, Burns, Ballin, Bani, Stewart, Hall

This is our full team
Will Menzies play Lock? and still no angry smurf

i noticed in the terror that it was glen Stuart.

It does appear that lyon will start at 5/8 and willo lock with stewy2 on the bench with bryant, rose and burns.

One advantage to burns on the bench is hey can create cover for all backs well. Ie he can play hooker/half/5/8, lyon can move to the centres if needed, bells can play wing and hicks can play fullback. None of these players would be hugely out of position, that is something i like. The downside is Ballin - he is gorne if he doesnt get a decent crack at it in the first half of the season. At least with willow starting he can tackle like a mongrel whilst the props do the hard yards in attack, then Stewy2 can come on and offer better attack later in the match. If it were the other way around it would have no merrit at all.

Wheel has it spot on by the looks of it. It's either Burns or Ballin.

Looks as though Des wants to try and find a spot for Michael Bani too.. what's his preferred position??

i think Bani is there just to get a bit more experience, in case injuries hit later in the season and we need to call him up

i noticed in the terror that it was glen Stuart.

It does appear that lyon will start at 5/8 and willo lock with stewy2 on the bench with bryant, rose and burns.

One advantage to burns on the bench is hey can create cover for all backs well. Ie he can play hooker/half/5/8, lyon can move to the centres if needed, bells can play wing and hicks can play fullback. None of these players would be hugely out of position, that is something i like. The downside is Ballin - he is gorne if he doesnt get a decent crack at it in the first half of the season. At least with willow starting he can tackle like a mongrel whilst the props do the hard yards in attack, then Stewy2 can come on and offer better attack later in the match. If it were the other way around it would have no merrit at all.

Good analysis.

I do wonder however if Ballin isn't also in the frame as a second rower. He did spend time there in PL in the past?

Agree with Ballin being able to cover a number of postions in the forwards, something he did do in P/L.

Also Monas could be under the pump if he doesn't perfrom early in the season

he covered in in PL but was never a stand out in the games i saw when he played second row, i seriously doubt he would have any penetration in first grade. He is a genuine hooker not in the young/riddel shape or size.

We do realise that, as Wheel suggests, this imbalance is caused largely by us having the most expensive hooker in the comp and feeling obliged to play him.

It's a good dilemma to have.

I hope we get a chance to see what he has to offer (i've never seen ballin play) if i do get to have a good look at him i'll make up my mind who i would prefer out of Monas/Burns/Ballin.

At the moment i'm happy with Monas/Burns.. but also don't want to see this bloke go to another club if he has the potential some of you believe he has.

I really want to see Ballin and Burns given ago at hooker in NRL. I think Burns will be outstanding in that position, some will say he is an out and out half and should not be moved but I dont believe he is creative enough to be a half in the NRL and the best hookers running around are all converted halfbacks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6