Should we turn Burnesey into a lock ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Duff

Bencher
With his selection on the bench tomorrow night, I'd say he'll play at lock when he comes on. Why take Monas or Ballin off ?
Next year, no Monas, no Beaver. That puts Matai in the centres & opens up a backrow spot.
Burnes defends like a mongrel & adds attacking options. Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like a lock to me.
Thoughts ?

Too light for what ?
Not defence, he's an axe & lock & 5/8, in an attacking side can be the same thing on either side of the ruck.

Remember that Des Hasler, Craig Wing & Kurt Gidley have spent some time at lock. None of them are dissimilar to Travis.

Should we get rid of the two e's in his name and just call him Burnsy ?

i can see your point but im not sure his attack would really suit lock at all. Defence wouldnt be an issue. The ball players who move to lock are a lot heavier than travis, closer to the 100 mark.

If we were considering anybody into the lock position I would say matai would be the go.

We can then fit Burns into his number 1 spot and jamie also.

Boys on the gold coast reckon travis is coming home to qld next year, so we've only got the remainder of the year to make him into a lock - not gonna happen....

I'm a Burns fan at 5/8. I don't understand why we don't sign him and play him there permanently. We lose without his defense.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6