Should we get Hasler back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you have Des back as Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 74 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 38 33.9%

• Total voters
I read all your comments and they are not funny. Loobs (or is that Jedi at the TheRealJedi loobs twitter account )
If you keep it up I will dox you so grow the **** up
I don't care for Star Wars or random threats. Take it up with your Jedi pal on Twitter

image.png
Speak up, I can't hear you!

:rofl::angel:

Don't lie Loobs a profile image of Homer the same 1 you used 2 use on this site. Last night you tweeted I hope the management of the club are happy with the money they made.
Shall we keep going Uncharted 4 Mr BMX talking about ice hockey you are messing with the wrong crowd. est 74 northern beaches also support the Giants keep up your rubbish and I will let everyone know every detail about your life turd
lol a pic of Homer from a google image source is your proof? I've also said numerous times I support the Chargers on here. I also don't ride BMX's (lol) and if you actually read anything I've read on here you'd know I am quite fond of our owners.

I'm also not in my 40's (perhaps the biggest insult).

If you've got a beef with the Jedi on Twitter maybe go to Twitter.

Some of us would have Tooves back in a heartbeat but the reality is that while the Penn's are in charge I have more chance of racing in Formula One (and I don't mean in a video game).

Des is definitely on the outer with Dogs fans and with elements of the Dogs board. I fear that if he ever did come back we could turn into a similar situation. If he doesn't deliver immediately people will be asking questions.

Sure Barrett is only a rookie, but I haven't seen a coach make so many rookie mistakes in a long, long time. Poor use of the interchange bench and poor selections are becoming a feature, not to mention that we seem to lack any sort of structure in attack and our defence....well it simply sucks.

If we did get rid of Barrett I would be going for Ivan Cleary. Sure he hasn't been at Manly since 1993, but he is a Manly junior who played his early grade footy under Bozo and other than Tooves is the best coach who isn't currently coaching.

Nothing improved under Hasler for the first year either. Coaching isn't an instant thing. You don't go to a new side and instantly have everyone doing exactly what you want. It takes time. It takes time for players to familiarize themselves with a gameplan, takes time for a coach to familiarize himself with players and takes time to perfect new combinations.

You need to give coaches, especially new ones, some time. Jumping the gun and firing a coach after 10 games is silly.
They did have a full off-season together. It's not like he's lobbed up Nathan Peats style. What I saw last night was a Manly side with no direction. A half back who is trying his gutz out, but is left like a shag on a rock. Lazy inside defenders who don't slide even when the Broncos made it bleeding obvious they will be sending Mr.Milford through on every opportunity.
If Barrett doesn't bite the bullet and move Jamie to 5/8 asap, I can see nothing but more misery coming our way.

Last edited:
I have had it from multiple reliable sources that James Hasson will be back next year as player coach! Just remember, you all heard it here first!!! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

lol a pic of Homer from a google image source is your proof? I've also said numerous times I support the Chargers on here. I also don't ride BMX's (lol) and if you actually read anything I've read on here you'd know I am quite fond of our owners.

I'm also not in my 40's (perhaps the biggest insult).

If you've got a beef with the Jedi on Twitter maybe go to Twitter.

HEY!!!! lol

fmd.....I don't know what happened with all of that last night, but glad to see the mods ban and delete.....
"jedi"

:giggle::angel:

"This is not the Penn you are looking for!!"

The mail is even the Bulldogs players are not happy with Des ! Coming from a cousin of a current Bulldogs first grader ! Too long in the job at one club, lead's to this environment when your chasing a premiership with a strong squad in your hands ! Pressure and expectation's creates a toxic environment !

The mail is even the Bulldogs players are not happy with Des ! Coming from a cousin of a current Bulldogs first grader ! Too long in the job at one club, lead's to this environment when your chasing a premiership with a strong squad in your hands ! Pressure and expectation's creates a toxic environment !
How do you explain the continued success of Craig Bellamy?
And, to a lesser extent because of his advantages, the Tall Thin Coach with Brisbane?

How do you explain the continued success of Craig Bellamy?
And, to a lesser extent because of his advantages, the Tall Thin Coach with Brisbane?

valid point ! Bennett is a Brisbane man, Bellamy is a Melbourne man, and Des ? he's a Manly man surrounded by the DOGGIES ( vomit )

I'd have Des back in a heartbeat, and wish he'd never left.

Barrett may well turn in to a fine FG coach one day but Hasler is a proven one.

We are ****ing screwed with this mob running the show.
How bad has the recruitment turned out
Fulton a dinosaur, he continues make idiotic decisions.
The coach is not getting the players to respond, facts are on paper thus is not a rebuild squad simply put I never seen attack look so pedestrian since northern eagles days
They continue to throw walker at 6 when he is not one. I really cannot see why des would want to walk into this mess
Because in his hands this would be close to a premiership side.

Dropping Barett after 10 games? Are you guys serious? You know the guy you all want to replace him with had a pretty average first coaching year as well. Give him at least a season and a half before you start calling for his head.
I would have replaced him after the round 1 debacle.

Then I hope you somehow find yourself in a position of power at the Sydney Roosters, applying that mindset to everything they did.
I worked for a Company that hired a new CEO in the late 1980's. After three weeks the owner of the business recognised he had made an error of judgement and parted ways after just 3 weeks in the job. It cost the owner close to $100k to pay him out (A huge sum back then) but did it because he feared for the future of the business.

That CEO turned up as CEO of another Company in a similar industry. 2 years later that Company went under due to the incompetence of that CEO.

The moral of the story is that sometimes you make an error of judgement and to persevere when it is bloody obvious that you have made a mistake is way more stupid than cutting ties early.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6