Should Watmough be dropped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
OK... think about it for a second.....

Watmough... against Melbourne... rematch in the grand final. Would you drop him to the BENCH?

I would.

Heres why. Melbourne target him in defence... and everytime we play them they have scored 2-3 tries through his defence. He gets exposed everytime. Take away their target.. and kill part of their game plan. Maybe off the bench he will be more effective.

They also target Orford.. nothing we can do about that... ::)

KaZa link said:
OK... think about it for a second.....

Watmough... against Melbourne... rematch in the grand final. Would you drop him to the BENCH?

I would.

Heres why. Melbourne target him in defence... and everytime we play them they have scored 2-3 tries through his defence. He gets exposed everytime. Take away their target.. and kill part of their game plan. Maybe off the bench he will be more effective.

They also target Orford.. nothing we can do about that... ::)

I think off the bench against melbourne for no other reason than starting with the biggest possible line up, they seem to struggle with the big men.

No - why take off one of our strike weapons when fit and well? Sure he was average last weekend but it was his first game back from a long break. He has a mistake or two in him - yes, but we need his speed, his zip and his metres on the left edge.

I see what you are suggesting but I don't think this is the solution.

Watmough brings aggression/toughness to the side along with the likes of Kite,Hall,Matai and Perri and Co.

Like CW said his had long break, on the side lines due to injury.We have four games remaining before the start of the finals we need all the troops on the field i just hope we can win at least 2 - 3 more games before Killer and King come back into the side.

Hall is playing outstanding footy, and could very well be a starting backrower.
Glenn Stewart is a definite at Lock.

Full strength, thowing Beaver in the 2nd row to start wouldn't hurt.

11. Menzies
12. Hall
13. Stewart

14. Le'Strange
15. Cuthbo
16. Bryant
17. Choc

is ok.

Canteen Worker link said:
No - why take off one of our strike weapons when fit and well? Sure he was average last weekend but it was his first game back from a long break. He has a mistake or two in him - yes, but we need his speed, his zip and his metres on the left edge.

I see what you are suggesting but I don't think this is the solution.

I agree to an extent. However, i wasnt just replying to last Friday.. look at the earlier game this season and ofcourse.. the dreaded GF last year. They target him and expose him every time we play them. He may be great against every other side.. but Melb love him in our side.. they exploit him. Maybe Hall can replace him next time we meet them with Choc coming off the bench as a spark.

Fair call Kaza and a footy forum should be a place to be able to cogently discuss these sort of issues. You make a fair point about Melbourne and Choc - I do contest though that he is such a constant threat on the edges in attack that he is worth his place. Maybe he needs to refocus his defensive game. He is a strong defender usually and I can think of games in which he has been outstanding in his defense.

yeah i definately agree about his defence.. but im only suggesting dropping him against Melbourne..  thats the only thing i came up with after watching us getting beat everytime by them.. ch 9 showed some footage of him getting slaughtered in each game.

But then again im not the coach.. good luck dessie!

get your hand off it, he's one of our best - if he can get his act together he will captain manly one day.

Watmough captain? You're the one who has to get your hand off it. I like Watmough, but he isn't exactly the smartest bloke doing the rounds. Defo not captain material. Either Stewart bro on the other hand...

I wouldn't want Choc as Captain. Rather he focussed on his own game, catching the ball and making his tackles, avoiding his one or two errors and stupid penalties a game.

He was easily the worst player on the field today.  Should be in NSW cup next week. 

Missed tackles led to at least two tries, gave away numerous penalties and dropped the ball several times.  Cuthbo must be thinking what did he do wrong.

Whatmough is absolute rubbish.  I used to think the guy was OK.  Now I can predict when he's going to drop the ball and guarantee a penalty.  He runs sideways and picks out guys to run into and I am so over his mistakes.  He needs a week or two in the reggies.

Not reggies, but give him a spell off the bench for sure. Hall is playing excellent footy and does not deserve to be behind Choc in the pecking order at the moment.

His missed tackles are absolutely killing us. The one on Sandow in the leadup to one of Merritt's tries was particularly disgraceful. His head is not in the game at the moment and it's costing Manly games...we can't keep carrying him at the moment.

But at the same time we need Choc to be playing his best footy if we are any chance at winning the comp.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2