Should Jarrod Mullen be allowed back playing in NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't like Lodge or Packer be allowed to play. I'm all for rehabilitation but I have an issue with hypocrisy. So if your charged with a criminal offence you can't play but if you have been sentenced you can. Go figure? Apparently this discrete difference makes a difference to sponsors and fans. What bull**** - fans booed for weeks when Lodge resumed playing. IMO all these guys should have been permitted to play anywhere but the big show. But the dopes at the NRL have set poor precedent.

I have less of a problem with Packer playing than Lodge, TBH. He at least did his time, worked his way back through lower levels of footy before he was registered again, etc. Lodge had made no efforts to pay the agreed restitution to his victims when he was allowed to play again - that should’ve been the very first thing he focused on to prove he was contrite and deserved a second chance. Even if it was $20 a week from a labouring job, he should’ve been paying it off instead of using the excuse that he needed an NRL contract in order to do so.

Mullen I don’t have an issue with given he’s completed the full suspension, although he should also be required to complete whatever the courts handed down as well, such as community service.

He's paid his price and so he should be allowed to play.
I can't see why/how you could punish him further.
He has done his time and sometimes that time brings out the best in people
00192d768e6e44b7e2b14f3cbf640047.jpg

My concern is that he hasn’t completed the community service part of his sentencing yet, I’m not sure of the circumstances as to why he wouldn’t of.

I always think anyone for the right price is worth a try. Mullen on $400000 is not the right play, get him on a minimum contract and it may be worth it. 4 years without the bash and barge may of preserved his body it may also of left him behind. I’m sure some training and trials you would be able to judge that. On his day he is a top end NRL half and we can certainly do with one at the moment.

Former NRL player Jarrod Mullen has been sidelined for four years after being banned for using steroids, but the Sunshine Coast Falcons are willing to give him a second chance.

Key points:​

• Mullen's four year doping ban expires on January 16
  • He's signed a one-year deal with the Sunshine Coast Falcons
  • Mullen starts training with his new club on Monday
Mullen signed a one-year deal with the Queensland Cup side, a feeder team for the Melbourne Storm.

There should be a d requirement that a player must be of "good repute and character" to be permitted to be included in a club's top 30. That needs to be defined and published and be a transparent criteria. I don't believe a person charged and convicted of supplying drugs should be able to meet that criteria.

We have many others that have done worse but got second chances. You have an immortal of the game that has an interesting past. You do the time you deserve a chance.
Haha you mean the one that admitted to taking drugs during his playing career & was found pissed as a fart in an airport & can’t string a sentence together plus plus plus ......oh & from the same club!!!

I think it is a mute point; nobody would want him.

I have no problem with him playing again aslong as he has completed his sentence.. (ie, community service hours etc)

If the game is gonna let ALLEGED drug dealers, blokes that ALLEGEDLY flog their pregnant wives, blokes that allegedly kidnap people and terrorise them all nite etc etc etc play the game, then surely this blokes allowed back in..

(Just chucking the allegedlys In to cover my backside)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2