Should Ballin be in the Team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I thought Monaghan played well tonight, doing some things very well. I still believe that Ballin is the better hooker and dummy half though.

However with Orford, Burns plus Lyon, Bell and Matai, who do you drop?

Origin time might help with Bell in the play for QLD but once we are back to full strength, what happens.

Pick Ballin is my call - who will join the Conga Line?

Theres no question. Ballin should be in the side every week. Starting.

IMO, our 5/8th is monaghan but i've completely lost any idea of what he has to do to prove to des he can play there.

Just read an article on SMH saying Bell is a good chance of playing SOO, the selectors must not have seen him play since last years series.

Ballin won't get a run every week.. he will be dropped back to PL when we have players available because we already have players in his position that have done the job.

You're probably right, but that wasn't the question.

People do the job, but none of them do it as well as he can so he should be there.

I'll tell you right now that Ballin is a top player and I think he will eventually reach every height you can in league but in the same token I will tell you he won't get a run while MM is around.. he is more valuable to the team.

And I believe Monaghan is being played in the wrong position and thats the reason Ballin won't get picked. And it comes down to who cost the most when they are competing for Hooker because Ballin is the better hooker by a mile.

Monas should be at 5/8th and is our best option there.

What?

I said 5/8th.

haha oops sorry.. I didn't mean it like that!

I meant to say "monaghan should be halfback"

the look was as in "does that surprise anyone" sort of thing.. not a dig at you.

I just hope that Ballin doesn't walk because he isn't get the recognition or playing time he deserves. Some clubs would kill to have a hooker as good as him.

IMO, the starting backline we had last night is our best. I just dont know how to fit everyone else in, Burns to lock is about the only way it can work.

Matai brings a lot of value to the team in his role, i beleive Lyon brings some extra value at 5/8, roaming the field and his link with Bell on the right could be a matchwinner,

It seems that Des is hell bent on playing everyone bar Orford out of position so that one of the world's best centers can play 5/8th???

I know we've only lost 1 game this season but I'm starting to think des is on crack or has rocks in his head. There is the ability in our squad to increase our performance by selecting the best players in the best position.

He just refuses to do it.

Playing Lyon on the left is effectively playing him out of position also. He and Bell were always right hand centres before this season and they both play their top footy on the right.

Dont forget that this was the same lineup that was selected for game 1 (except for Beaver) and that barring injury it may have persisted in all the games since. Also don't count out player preferences ie Lyon asking Des if he can have a shot at 5/8 (why the Halden experiment last week).

While we would all like to think players should just play where they're told to play it is better to have your star players happy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4