Shattered

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sorry to create a new thread but I just have to get this off my chest. As always, I was at Brookie tonight and enjoyed the first half but couldn't believe our capitulation in the second half. Surely we'd learnt from that woeful Panthers loss, not! Would love to know what happened or didn't happen in the sheds at half time.

Anyway I stayed for the farewell and lap of honour. Despite the loss and feeling disappointed, I eagerly await the players but am left shattered after many of them totally brushed the fans. Although I was calling them, they walked well away from the fence, looked the other way and totally ignored us.

However, my faith was partially restored when Hodko, Kelly, Suli, Tom and DCE all acknowledged and hi-fived me and thanked me for my support. (Jake was just too distraught to say/do anything.) Those 5 players were so nice and saved me from total distress.

After all that's happened, I'm shattered, gutted and heartbroken the last night at Brookie for 2018 ended the way it did. I just hope Manly still exists in 2019...

2F616474-C985-4CB6-A701-B5FD2794D82C.jpeg

This photo shows the real manly
He is the guts and spine of the club
For a man of such young age Jake is very impressive
I just hope we don’t lose this guy and his brother to another club, they don’t deserve what is happening right now to them.
This photo is the definition of being shattered.

Last edited:
Sorry to create a new thread but I just have to get this off my chest. As always, I was at Brookie tonight and enjoyed the first half but couldn't believe our capitulation in the second half. Surely we'd learnt from that woeful Panthers loss, not! Would love to know what happened or didn't happen in the sheds at half time.

Anyway I stayed for the farewell and lap of honour. Despite the loss and feeling disappointed, I eagerly await the players but am left shattered after many of them totally brushed the fans. Although I was calling them, they walked well away from the fence, looked the other way and totally ignored us.

However, my faith was partially restored when Hodko, Kelly, Suli, Tom and DCE all acknowledged and hi-fived me and thanked me for my support. (Jake was just too distraught to say/do anything.) Those 5 players were so nice and saved me from total distress.

After all that's happened, I'm shattered, gutted and heartbroken the last night at Brookie for 2018 ended the way it did. I just hope Manly still exists in 2019...

Have to agree with all of that. All 5 of those players were great with the fans. I'll also throw Tanginoa and Perrett in there as well. They spent a considerable amount of time with fans on the fence

Have to agree with all of that. All 5 of those players were great with the fans. I'll also throw Tanginoa and Perrett in there as well. They spent a considerable amount of time with fans on the fence

They did along with DCE. These guys really are the heart and soul of the team and I applaud their attitude when down. It's hard for us supporters so imagine what it would be like to live it.

Last night was a poor defensive night which can be fixed.

I especially loved Thommo's call (I was behind the goalposts) when he was screaming at the boys something along the lines of "don't cry you fking princesses if we lose another one" or "dont cry you fking princesses when the ref hands them the game" or whatever it was (he may have said both things or neither, I'd had a few drinks). They were trying, of that I have no doubt!

For me one of the few pleasing things last night in an obviously difficult season was the still positive and hopeful expressions shown by the dedicated supporters at the ground pre game. Repaid by the players with some joy in the i st half but take some heart that the despair of the 2 nd half mostly horror display would have been experienced by all true Manly supporters everywhere . The consolation continues to be that there is still the basics of a good footy team there , they do have points in them . just need a what ever it takes approach in the off season by better coaching and better player attitude collectively to up their mental toughness , handle and cope with pressure better and get some traditional tough Manly defensive steel and organization back .

They did along with DCE. These guys really are the heart and soul of the team and I applaud their attitude when down. It's hard for us supporters so imagine what it would be like to live it.

Last night was a poor defensive night which can be fixed.

I especially loved Thommo's call (I was behind the goalposts) when he was screaming at the boys something along the lines of "don't cry you fking princesses if we lose another one" or "dont cry you fking princesses when the ref hands them the game" or whatever it was (he may have said both things or neither, I'd had a few drinks). They were trying, of that I have no doubt!
Give him the Captaincy for those comments alone!!!

Don’t know what to say after that, must have been terrible.

I’m in awe of you staying , I don’t think I could have.

Huge credit to you!!

I have no beef with DCE as captain however. Jake and Joel T are follow me type players and we desperately need one of them to be captain. Perhaps Joel T for 2019-2020 and then Jake after that
I still think Jake takes things too hard to be a good leader. He drops his head when he makes a mistake and he can get angry and give away a penalty when he’s frustrated. I’ve found DCE is coming more and more into his own as a leader. I like him. He’s measured and calm. Never gets too worked up something that could be said about killer but I think DCE has a better rapour with refs than killer.

I loved his comments last week when he just essentially acted like it was no big deal they were down and he knew they could come back. I always like playing sport with those kind of blokes because you knew things didn’t really get to them. It’s a bit like the James Maloney idea of I just threw an intercept but I’ll throw the same pass for a try cause I’m not worried.

DCE just needs more of the Joel t mold players with him. Brian kelly I think has some of those qualities too. Always tries his guts out

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8