Sharpie shocks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Most people who have been on here a long time know where I stand with Peter Sharp. When I think of the words Sharp and Coach, the only vision I get is 8 wheels and 20 passengers.

News from the UK may indicate that I got it all wrong, either that or the standard over there has dropped dramatically.

"Peter Sharp is attracting positive headlines in England after steering Hull to a club record 13 consecutive wins. Hull were outside the top six when Sharp took over but they are now equal second."

When you look at some of the ex-aussie players in his team like Motu Tony and Sid Domic you realise that Sharp is actually coaching a side which is the equivalent to a premier league side in Sydney in a competition which is not much better than our PL comp.

Don't forget that they play against such quality players in other ESL teams like Michael withers, Justin Murphy, Sean rudder, Chris Nero, James Evans, chad randall. Luke dorn, Andre Dunneman, Junior Langi, sean Rutgerson, Shane Millard, Gray Viane, Ryan McGoldrick and my old favourite Mark Tookey.

That is right where his standard of coaching belongs.

I went to school with Nero and Randall.....sorry felt like a raplph moment

He had a horrible run with Manly/NE, he's had success pretty much everywhere else he has been before that and since.

Good Bloke, reasonable coach, just didnt fit in at Manly for any number of reasons.

Did anyone mis me:)

Nah mate, glandular fever for 2 weeks, spent a week of that in Hospital, not a fun way to spend a fortnight

That glandular fever is a bastard...can sit you on your arse for a while- hope your feeling better now mate!

starting too, most of the time I dont feel like doing anymore than just laying down watching TV. doing a load of washing up leaves me breathless. never felt anything like it in my life

Yeah I had a mate who had it recently (who was a fitness freak) and it completely floored him....I bloody hope I never get it!

starting too, most of the time I dont feel like doing anymore than just laying down watching TV. doing a load of washing up leaves me breathless. never felt anything like it in my life
Never felt like doing washing up in my life either!!! It had that effect on me too. 8)

Seriously good to see you back and all the best with the recovery!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4