Pre-Game Sharks v Manly [Round 20, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 40
Suncorp Stadium
02 Aug 2021 08:05 PM

Team Lists

This game will be a good stepping stone to work on combinations leading into the Storm game. I dare say we will look much more fluent in attack and have a little more purpose defending the middle 3rd.
The tigers game was very clunky but we need those games to iron out the creases. This week IMO will showcase what we are about.
I totally agree. I am confident we will put a score on them and limit them to 12-16 points.

I expect a big game from Olakau'atu; I think he will cause some havoc down that right edge.

Hopefully Saab gets a lot more ball this week. Mulitalo is a good attacking player but he appears to struggle reading numbers in defence.

Somehow I sense we've been very naughty discussing the Covid issue on another section causing it to suddenly disappear. I think its maybe not in keeping with football talk. I feel chastised, so back to the football. I'm remaining concerned about this upcoming game with the next fortnight against two of our primary enemies. The Sharks are a good side and cant be underestimated. Give them a peak through and they just might sneak a victory. Manly should win by at least 20. Winning by one would be just as important.

I feel we’re on a roll. (Not a sausage one either).
I think we’ll towel ‘em up. We’ll have plenty of support there.
I want to see Guac running over the top of Moylan at every chance.
Is that like a standard bun? Or are we talking about something else other than football in this thread.

Since from practically forever, well let's say 1967 in Sharks terms @;),....have always looked forward to a exciting expansive and often high scoring game against the Gummies.........with the high scoring being heavily on the Sea Eagle side of the ledger....:D:D

This one looks a special to add to good memories.....:party::giggle:

Last edited:
I feel we’re on a roll. (Not a sausage one either).
I think we’ll towel ‘em up. We’ll have plenty of support there.
I want to see Guac running over the top of Moylan at every chance.
Can’t wait. It will be the closest to the action I’ve ever been at an nrl game! Right on halfway 6 rows up. My young fella is busting at Tge seems to see a Tommy t master class!

My neighbors a die hard sharks fan from the shire up here and he’s adamant the Sharks can never beat manly. Hands down in his opinion the hardest team for the Sharks to beat. Naturally he gives them no chance this weekend.
We have a good record against lots of teams. Sharks warriors tigers we always seem to win. Dce usually has a field day against the sharks and tigers. Kinda like how we have a thing against titans and dragons especially. Turbo wasn't happy with last weeks game, im expecting him to tear them a new one

Can’t wait. It will be the closest to the action I’ve ever been at an nrl game! Right on halfway 6 rows up. My young fella is busting at Tge seems to see a Tommy t master class!
The best thing I did when I started carting the daughter along was get as many pics as you can. With players/supporters. My girl is 24 now. And the pics from when she was a pup (9 yr old) are priceless. There are pictures that her mother will never see (snuck into the can bar at Caxton after a mighty come from behind win…..at 14. Yes in hindsight not my finest hour. she doesn’t drink, just to clarify, I wasn’t a complete shiit parent). But you ask her now about it, and she says it’s some of the best day/nights she’s ever had.
‘Enjoy Sunday @Waz13 , and all the other parents with the next generation of Sea Eagles supporters.

The best thing I did when I started carting the daughter along was get as many pics as you can. With players/supporters. My girl is 24 now. And the pics from when she was a pup (9 yr old) are priceless. There are pictures that her mother will never see (snuck into the can bar at Caxton after a mighty come from behind win…..at 14. Yes in hindsight not my finest hour. she doesn’t drink, just to clarify, I wasn’t a complete shiit parent). But you ask her now about it, and she says it’s some of the best day/nights she’s ever had.
‘Enjoy Sunday @Waz13 , and all the other parents with the next generation of Sea Eagles supporters.
Great story mate. Yes hopefully we put on a clinic for all the manly fans in attendance and more importantly the ones in Sydney in lockdown. I drove past the local Westfield today (Chermside) and saw an awesome billboard with DCE on it saying QLD the Manly Sea Eagles thank you! Big n bold in maroon and white! Made my morning.

My neighbors a die hard sharks fan from the shire up here and he’s adamant the Sharks can never beat manly. Hands down in his opinion the hardest team for the Sharks to beat. Naturally he gives them no chance this weekend.
That;s a clever mate you have. Win-win setup.

Manly win handsomely 'I told you so', all is normal
Manly get beaten 'Take that mthrfkaaaa!! Hahaaaa. That's my team!'

Shrewd bet-hedging.

We might see a completely new approach from Siro this time around. I hope so and I hope he plays well. If he brings his offloads into this game, he might surprise a lot of people on here. (Particularly off the third or fourth hit up close to the Sharks line) Players like Lawton, Croker, DCE, Turbo, Walker etc, could do well off those offloads, especially with a tired Sharks middle. One can only hope I guess.
Go Manly.
If Sirro has ever poked his head into Silvertails there's no doubt he would well and truly know by now exactly where he's been going wrong, we will know by 6.00pm Sunday if he's taken any notice of us
I will come with you
Can you pick me up on the way?

always had wraps on Tent [ Paseka ] but maybe to just give some more attention to his defensive technique , has tended to fall of or drop off some tackles in recent times . Much better to stay more on his feet and try and effect some better targeted tackling . Always tries to get over the advantage line with good , hard runs and no issues there but again maybe just some more selective and ' hit and stick ' type defence . No reason why Siro can not go well as a middle if he can focus on his strengths and fit into the present pattern of play , surely he has had enough experience by now .

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6