Sharks field goal before half time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Manly were caught in goal with exactly 60s left before half time siren. The commentators said and I think they are right that Manly had 40s to take the drop out under the NRL's guidelines.

So why after just 20s did the referee call time off? That gave the Sharks enough extra time to set and kick that field goal that kept the Sharks in front until Killer & Oldfield pulled of the miracle.

Why did the referee call time off?

And why in the first half was Jason King completly flipped over head first in a tackle and we got no penalty?

These things don't matter now as the boys won but I still would like to know.

The refereeing was atrocious but what do you expect when Checcin is involved. Yes we were unlucky not to have been awarded a couple more penalties BUT we were lucky to get away with a couple of forward passes and I also though the advantage had already been played when Pomeroy picked up the dropped ball to give to their winger who was away under the posts.

WAMF said:
The refereeing was atrocious but what do you expect when Checcin is involved. Yes we were unlucky not to have been awarded a couple more penalties BUT we were lucky to get away with a couple of forward passes and I also though the advantage had already been played when Pomeroy picked up the dropped ball to give to their winger who was away under the posts.

Disagree. Two flat passes that you see let go every week, and Manly had not even reached the point on the field where the Sharkies knocked on so there was clearly no advantage. In any case the Manly players clearly pulled out of the tackle for the knock-on call so the runaway try under the posts was an illusion. Geez they are champion whingers, the Sharkies.

what about the kick blocking from Pomeroy and Albert on Robbo. The touchie on that side was terrible.

WAMF said:

I have seen advantage go from one side of the field to the other. Same as going back for a penalty. It needs to be better defined as its seems to be subject to refs interpretation.

I was at the game almost goal line in the manly section so it was hard to say anything about forward passes. I watched the game when I got home but skipped through as it was late.

I did see the post match interview & jeez the Sharks coach laid into the refs. He's definitely up for a fine.

We had a few games last season where we were pipped to the post - the parra game springs to mind. It's always very hard to lose like that but jeez is it good when the boot is on the other foot.

robbo got run off the ball at least twice right in front of the touchie after the sharks player had changed direction to get him.

Maybe the touchie gave us the benefit on the forward passes to even the decisions on Robbo being interfered with. Who knows, but none of this should detract from a gutsy, never say die win.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4