Shane Rodney

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
Any news on when Rodney will be returning ? And who would your drop off the bench ? That is if he can get some form back. For me i cant give any reason to drop anyone at the moment.

I last heard that he is a couple of weeks away from playing.

Thinking that he will go to NSW cups for a few weeks when he gets back in order to build up some match fitness then he'll go back into the side.

Assuming no injuries between now & when he returns I'd say that he will be used to spell Buhrer. With the depth we have it's hard to give a lot of those players more than a couple weeks in the team. As long as everyone is getting their fair share of gametime I think it'll work out well.

Copa Eagle said:
Any news on when Rodney will be returning ? And who would your drop off the bench ? That is if he can get some form back. For me i cant give any reason to drop anyone at the moment.

He'd have to start in reserve grade, but if he shows he's regained his fitness and skill after 2-3 matches he'd come into the second row with Rose, T-Rex, Joe (prop) and Buhrer on the bench, I'd imagine.

Fully Fit

11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer (covers backrow, hooker, centres)
15. George Rose (covers props)
16. Joe Galuvao (covers props, backrow)
17. Tony Williams (covers wing, center, prop, backrow)

I reckon Shane Rodney will be absolutely chomping at the bit to get back to playing first grade. When you've been out for so long, and then watching the success of your team, you would feel like a young kid out there about to get your chance for the first time into the top grade.

Do we really need him? We seem to be very healthy with backrowers. I guess he will come back through the NSW cup team but will struggle to get a permanent gig with the firsts.

Ryan said:
Fully Fit

11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

Good mix of go forward, size & creativity on that bench. Lots of positions covered but I wouldnt be nominating Williams to cover prop.

Rodney will be more than useful to have in the squad. What with inevitable injuries over the long season it's good (if he can stay healthy) to have his experience available later on, and in the finals.

Jatz Crackers said:
Ryan said:
Fully Fit

11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

Good mix of go forward, size & creativity on that bench. Lots of positions covered but I wouldnt be nominating Williams to cover prop.

I was really happy with T-rex on the weekend. I've been a fairly vocal critic of his mainly because he showed no aggression. Starting to turn. Although i did say he should have been a forward. He's definately got the size to play at prob. Less talented wingers than him have made the transition.

Fonz said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Ryan said:
Fully Fit

11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

I was really happy with T-rex on the weekend. I've been a fairly vocal critic of his mainly because he showed no aggression. Starting to turn. Although i did say he should have been a forward. He's definately got the size to play at prob. Less talented wingers than him have made the transition.
williams was never a winger till des made him one. tony played all juniors and jersey flegg as a second rower and was one of the dominant second rowers of toyota cup for parra

Fonz said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Ryan said:
Fully Fit

11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

Given who the poster is i can only assume it was a bit of family humour :)

Fonz said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Ryan said:
Fully Fit

11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

williams was never a winger till des made him one. tony played all juniors and jersey flegg as a second rower and was one of the dominant second rowers of toyota cup for parra

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he a winger at Parra in 08? He scored those 2 tries against us the week after we signed him, both on the wing.

He had speed then as well. Then, a few weeks into training with us he tore his hamstring and his speed hasn't been the same since. If you have seen Tony, the tear went from just above his knee to just below his butt, pretty severe

tore my hammy a bit doing some heroics down at my kid's soccer practice (I live in england, ok?) last saturday. never done one before. It's not like an ankle or a cork like 'well I can run it out and deal with it later': your'e grounded instantly. I don't know what a knee to butt one must feel like, but I was lying around all weekend feeling sorry for myself....

Jono said:
Fonz said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Ryan said:
Fully Fit

11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he a winger at Parra in 08? He scored those 2 tries against us the week after we signed him, both on the wing.

He had speed then as well. Then, a few weeks into training with us he tore his hamstring and his speed hasn't been the same since. If you have seen Tony, the tear went from just above his knee to just below his butt, pretty severe
Yea you are right i remember him scoring a try against us at brooky a couple of years ago playing for parra on the wing,it was right in front of me,definitely did play some time at wing for parra.On Rodney i definitley want him back in the side when hes fully fit :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4