Shane Rodney

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I thought this bloke deserves a topic of his own

Most of us were scratching our head at the 4 year deal we offered him, and wondered what use he would be

Well, at the WCC he had a pretty big game, and since then he hasn't really disappointed at all. For a bloke that doesn't look the biggest, he seems to make some good metres and his defence is good.

Easily our buy of the season so far, and definitely the most unheralded of the lot. He has impressed me in a big way

I agree, KE. I really love watching these underated players going around. Rodney,Hall and Cuthbo really have been putting in - more so than at few others!

I've liked the way Rodney plays the game ever since seeing him play in the WCC.  Nothing negative towards him from me unless he starts to make stuff ups each game for a few games and it costs us. I believe in giving new guys a chance and so far he has impressed me.

Rodney is quickly becoming a favourite of mine (& I suspect a lot of others) this season. From memory I really can't think of any occassion so far where he has disapointed - not to mention he seems like he's got an alright boot on him.

Wouldn't suprise me if he manages to work his way off the bench & onto the run-on side.

Couldn't agree more. He's having a real dig. I knew of him as a defensive forward who would plug holes across the field, but I've been most impressed with his attack. He pokes his head through the line most runs and has a bit of speed about him - and this is in a team, and more importantly a forward pack, that is really not dominating at all. When (hopefully!) our pack and team starts to fire again, I imagine we'll see even more from him.

I really rated him back when he was killing it with the panthers, but i too was unsure of the signing after 3 or so years of constant injuries.

But by god, he is right back to the form he displayed when he was a city rep

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8