Shafted with short turnaround

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Why wasn't Melbourne‘s postponed game moved to Monday?
Why weren’t we allowed to have kept our scheduled game time, given matches resumed today?
Is it fair that Melbourne will be a day fresher when we play them?
Under the circumstances, a 5 day turnaround for the Melbourne game is rough. We got shafted.
We should ask to play Melbourne on the following Monday to give us a 7 day turnaround. That would be fair.

They were going to be ‘fresher’ anyway, as they originally had a one week turnaround compared to our original six day turnaround.

Firstly,the draw hasn’t been set in stone for next week yet after what’s gone on this week and secondly with that plan you suggested,you then bring in a turnaround issue for the Panthers

**** happens with this covid crap just ask anyone , travel , weddings etc it is what it is so lets be big about it and roll with it , this was not planned .
Some may try and say we are giving up with an excuse , bring on Melbourne i say it will be a good game and we have to beat them sooner or later , i just hope we get through without injuries , then its on with the Mexicans

My main concern is hoping we don't lose players to injury by the ground being too chewed up by tomorrow night.
As for next week, maybe they should change Melbourne v Manly to Sunday 4pm, give free to air a decent game for a change.

Meh! Not even too worried about next weeks game. Bonus if we win, but I expect Des will be using it to plan his final run in. I'm just curious to see how well we stand up with mental toughness, while expecting us to hold back a little on plays and strategy.
100%, if we keep Melbourne to 16 or less it will be a win regardless of the result, time to find out if we can grind with the best of them.

Why wasn't Melbourne‘s postponed game moved to Monday?
Why weren’t we allowed to have kept our scheduled game time, given matches resumed today?
Is it fair that Melbourne will be a day fresher when we play them?
Under the circumstances, a 5 day turnaround for the Melbourne game is rough. We got shafted.
We should ask to play Melbourne on the following Monday to give us a 7 day turnaround. That would be fair.

The good teams don't worry about short turnarounds.

I don't see the Knights, who need to keep winning to make the 8, complaining about playing Sunday to Thursday. They've copped it and moved on.

The good teams don't worry about short turnarounds.

I don't see the Knights, who need to keep winning to make the 8, complaining about playing Sunday to Thursday. They've copped it and moved on.
I agree but they play the broncos we are playing the storm in the match of the round different turnarounds but agree with your post.

Meh! Not even too worried about next weeks game. Bonus if we win, but I expect Des will be using it to plan his final run in. I'm just curious to see how well we stand up with mental toughness, while expecting us to hold back a little on plays and strategy.
This next game (Eagles V Scum) is all about effort and resilience. Happy to take a win as well though. @:cool:

This next game (Eagles V Scum) is all about effort and resilience. Happy to take a win as well though. @:cool:
Absolutely. I have no doubt Des will be very much focused on the team applying some resilience under pressure and maintaining composure. Also very happy to take the 2, but really not looking at it as anything other than learning and planning towards the end.

Ide say des will manage the team accordingly tonight anyway... We SHOULD run up a score on the sharks tonight, if so, I expect to see guys like Tommy, DCE, maybe Jake, all given 20-25 minute early marks...
If we do the job were expected too the game will be over by half time

Ide say des will manage the team accordingly tonight anyway... We SHOULD run up a score on the sharks tonight, if so, I expect to see guys like Tommy, DCE, maybe Jake, all given 20-25 minute early marks...
If we do the job were expected too the game will be over by half time
I think Jake needs the game time with his recent layoff. He looked short of a run last week.

We might see Siro get plenty of time if we have a decent lead. Taupau and Paseka could be the duo that get a little less time than normal.

I think Jake needs the game time with his recent layoff. He looked short of a run last week.

We might see Siro get plenty of time if we have a decent lead. Taupau and Paseka could be the duo that get a little less time than normal.
Your prolly right .. there's a few who could use a rest if we're up by plenty.. maybe Croker too, he's had a fair workload this season.. hopefully we don't show up off the pace and turn what should be a blow out into a dogfight like we tend to do against lesser sides...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8