Shafted by State of Origin draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
We have been well and truly shafted by the draw, first game on June 9, we are then scheduled to play the Cowboys two days later, we will have DCE and Tom definitely out, and probably Jake, whilst they will probably only lose Valentine Holmes.
Second game on Sunday June 27 means all teams don't play that weekend.
However the third game on July 14 is the killer, we play Canberra on July 8 with our players missing, whilst Canberra MAY only have Jack Wighton out, and the following week we play the Dragons on Friday again who may only have Ben Hunt playing Origin .
I doubt that any of our players will be backing up two days after any of the Origin games.

We have been well and truly shafted by the draw, first game on June 9, we are then scheduled to play the Cowboys two days later, we will have DCE and Tom definitely out, and probably Jake, whilst they will probably only lose Valentine Holmes.
However the third game on July 14 is the killer, we play Canberra on July 8 with our players missing, whilst Canberra MAY only have Jack Wighton out, and the following week we play the Dragons on Friday again who may only have Ben Hunt playing Origin .
I doubt that any of our players will be backing up two days after any of the Origin games.
we'll still thrash them ... :punch:

Yeah SOO draw a touch rough but generally our draw is pretty good.

Wouldn't surprise me to see DCE back up....even Jake depending how many minutes he gets.

Tom def wont

Yeah SOO draw a touch rough but generally our draw is pretty good.

Wouldn't surprise me to see DCE back up....even Jake depending how many minutes he gets.

Tom def wont
Yep would be very surprised if Tom backs up. Although I am sure he will be keen to.

Papa for raiders, and maybe Sims for Drags could be missing

But on the flip side, we only have to play Souths, Storm and Roosters once this year

Agree but all teams have to contend with various years, it not just us.
It's why I prefer SOO to be a stand alone games with out impacting to club games. Last year while weird that it was after the GF was something fans could get use to.
I would prefer if its to remain mid season to have it consecutive weeks in conjunction with pacific islander test matches and have the NRL not play for those 3 weeks.

Given manlys position on the ladder, and tom being injury prone also, our season relying on him staying healthy we cant afford him to be playing origin. Hate saying that but its true, should send the doctor in to have a word with freddy.

It's ironic that Brisbane will be amongst the least affected club at SOO time. Whereas in previous seasons they supplied the bulk of the Queensland representative squad, this season the only players likely to be called up are Coates (who will be playing for The Storm next season) and Payne Hass (who will be playing for NSW).
Has anybody bothered to work out which club is likely to have the most SOO representatives this year?

Has anybody bothered to work out which club is likely to have the most SOO representatives this year?
Not really but papers predicting squads to have usual suspects, so about 6 each from Storm and Bunnies, 5 from Panthers and Titans, 4 Eels.
Probably 3 each from Chooks, Manly and knights?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8