SFS chase Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
FORMER Manly CEO Pat Wilson has revealed that the number of Sea Eagles fans who turn to support their team in next Friday’s preliminary final at the SFS could have long-term ramifications on where the club takes games in the future.

Read the full article

HMMM lets see I havent read the article as yet but if they are offering big dollars for a couple of games and the timeslots suit then why not

If they're paying then I'd rather go to Moore Park than Bluetounge. In fact, if I never have to go to Gosford again I'll die a happy man, worst stadium in the comp.

I would personally prefer all home games at Brookie, but if we have to take them away from Brookie then SFS is probably the best option.

Though last week doesn't seem to indicate that Manly fans are willing to cross Spit Bridge to go to the footy.

Also, depending on the team we play it could feel like an away game, plenty of other teams fans could quite easily out number us there.

Obviously my preference is to stay at Brookvale, however with the state of the ground we will have to move soon if we do not get a upgrade. If that is the case the SFS it must be.

Waiting for Duff to say this is BS - footy fans love standing in the rain and mud on the hill in the middle of winter, pissing in some dunny straight out of the 1950s and only being able to get warm beers and cold pies.

I love Brookie but the more games at the SFS the better as fas as I'm concerned. I can walk there.

The Wheel said:
Waiting for Duff to say this is BS - footy fans love standing in the rain and mud on the hill in the middle of winter, pissing in some dunny straight out of the 1950s and only being able to get warm beers and cold pies.

Wheels, I would agree with you. However, 13000 last weekend proved one simple thing: if people aren't willing to travel for a Finals game, they won't for a regular game.

This week, no excuses. Its a preliminary final, its at a family friendly time and there are buses running to the SFS from Brookie. Other than physically not being able to get there, fans better turn up.

Look I love Brookie as much as anyone, but love Manly more I want my club to survive and prosper not wither and die. Unless we get funding to upgrade within next 12 months - we have to look elsewhere IMO

If we played at the SFS every week we would probably average a lower attendance than we would at Brookie - last weeks "semi final" says that. Fewer kids would go to our games & we would lose a lot of the next generation. The people of the inner city hardly support the Roosters as it is so why lump another team in there ?? I reckon we would lose an extra game or 2 a season due to the loss of a real home ground advantage. Some home games would have more "away" fans than home ones.

Dunno why people are so down on Brookie - its a great place to watch footy. Improve the corprate areas YES...improve the toilets and catering facilities YES.....get some more undercover seating YES.....but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The logic of this article escapes me. Wilson is encouraging us to go to the SFS so that we can take more games AWAY from Brookvale?
Brookie is where we should play all our games. Screw moving home games anywhere!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6