Settle down people. We are still a crap team.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
11831665_986647718067990_3853908078748859871_n.jpg

We are still under the radar, if we beat Souths that will change quick smart. Scoring 76 points in 2 weeks against two title contenders suggests that Manly just got these two on off nights lol.

Love it when Manly don't get recognition, love to be hated!! :)

Anyone remember last season, about this time? We were so far ahead in the race for the minor premiership the bookies (allegedly) paid out on us.
I didn't realise that doing too much endurance work at the gym was the reason we imploded. I'm grateful to that journo for the scoop.

I believe there is some truth to this theory. If you are in a strong position leading into the finals why wouldn't you increase your fitness program to gain an edge in the finals. Not taking away anything from how good we played but this doesn't surprise me.

Yes all those weights contributed to the drop balls and missed tackles

At round 20, after half the Broncs have had a torrid origin period, I fully recommend ramping up their training and buggering them even further. My objective would be to make them the fittest, sorest team to ever go out of the finals in straight sets.

If however I was a real coach who had any clue at all about elite sports (unlike the ironstone quoted in the article) I'd be tapering their training now to preserve their energy for the next 6 games to ensure they are tip top come finals time. Like Bennett and every other coach is doing. And hoping for no major injuries.

Yes all those weights contributed to the drop balls and missed tackles
To be fair, I think it can contribute - through exhaustion. Really what they're describing is the classic increase in workload prior to tapering. Ask any swimmer about it.
Doesn't mean we didn't play out of our skins though!

At round 20, after half the Broncs have had a torrid origin period, I fully recommend ramping up their training and buggering them even further. My objective would be to make them the fittest, sorest team to ever go out of the finals in straight sets.

If however I was a real coach who had any clue at all about elite sports (unlike the ironstone quoted in the article) I'd be tapering their training now to preserve their energy for the next 6 games to ensure they are tip top come finals time. Like Bennett and every other coach is doing. And hoping for no major injuries.
I think you'd be tapering way too far out. IMHO.

Tapering training during the finals. What a scoop. Bet the fitness gurus never heard of that one.

Their pack is just a better performing lightweight pack than ours. They will get smashed when the big gun packs up the ante in the run home.

Clint must be worried how easily we beat his team on the weekend.

Very ordinary and teams like the roosters can't wait to play them in the semi's.

I like this article I think this is good. Keeps Manly on guard.

Manly will be sorely mistaken if they suddenly think all is fixed and they can coast into the eight. Up until meeting a clearly "off" Brisbane, this team had not set the world on fire, and face a bunch of big boys from Souths on Friday night that will be a step up.

Four things will get Manly across the line Friday for a win:

(1) Focussed teamwork on the back of confidence gained from recent wins. I want to see that same energy off the play the ball from our runners like the Brisbane game which was the first time I saw it all year
(2) The Brookvale factor
(3) Noise from nasty fans like myself with a mission to make Souths very uncomfortable (bring your flags!)
(4) The fact they were softened up yesterday by Penrith, and still won, giving them less to play for.

I can't wait for this one - so pumped!

NYEagle

Last edited:
I don't buy the Courier ( Bronco ) Mail up here but had lunch in a cafe today and picked up a copy to read .

Absolutely hilarious, they ( the media ) are dilusional ( gave Manly zero credit and all about McGuire not being there).

Media hacks , absolute scum of the earth !!

To be fair, I think it can contribute - through exhaustion. Really what they're describing is the classic increase in workload prior to tapering. Ask any swimmer about it.
Doesn't mean we didn't play out of our skins though!

Not sure swimming is analogous to RL. It doesnt really make sense. Why not just get your team to the higher fitness early in the year. Its like the amp that goes up to 11 in spinal tap. There's no way you'd jeopardise your teams finely tuned performance at the end of a season by suddenly hitting them with a new full on regime and completely screwing the teams rythm plus confidence if they're on the end of floggings like brisbane were on saturday.

I don't buy the Courier ( Bronco ) Mail up here but had lunch in a cafe today and picked up a copy to read .

Absolutely hilarious, they ( the media ) are dilusional ( gave Manly zero credit and all about McGuire not being there).

Media hacks , absolute scum of the earth !!
I guess they forgot we had six out.

I like this article I think this is good. Keeps Manly on guard.

Manly will be sorely mistaken if they suddenly think all is fixed and they can coast into the eight. Up until meeting a clearly "off" Brisbane, this team had not set the world on fire, and face a bunch of big boys from Souths on Friday night that will be a step up.

Four things will get Manly across the line Friday for a win:

(1) Focussed teamwork on the back of confidence gained from recent wins. I want to see that same energy off the play the ball from our runners like the Brisbane which was the first time I saw it all year
(2) The Brookvale factor
(3) Noise from nasty fans like myself with a mission to make Souths very uncomfortable (bring your flags!)
(4) The fact they were softened up yesterday by Penrith, and still won, giving them less to play for.

I can't wait for this one - so pumped!

NYEagle

5. The Burgess Boys and that flea that follows them up the middle.

We are still under the radar, if we beat Souths that will change quick smart. Scoring 76 points in 2 weeks against two title contenders suggests that Manly just got these two on off nights lol.

Love it when Manly don't get recognition, love to be hated!! :)
Thats about 116 for 58 against by my reckoning in the last month off the top of my head

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7