Server load issues and Premium silvertails subscription

Don't worry TE I am sure it's not Dans intention to cut anyone off, if you can afford it, and want to pay, you do, otherwise nothing changes!!

And I think if any of the mods on here see someone jumping on someone else for that reason they should suffer a weeks holiday and longer if they infringe again.

Its a voluntary fee and you get a little something for it but the important word is VOLUNTARY

Enjoy the site, dont post often but on everyday so if a little contribution helps it running then im in.

MWSE & MW RL FC members $25 all others $50. That should bring out the "True Supportahs"!

I am down with that. I think people who stumble across this site should still have a chance to read and soak up my awesomeness. And once they do they will pay twenty five clams in a flash.

Seriously though we have enjoyed this site long enough that we shoul contribute something to Dan. Sign me up. I just hope Ritchie has to pay for his sources and not put an invoice in to uncle rupert.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I think most of us really know this is a donation to keep the site running.

These were my exact thoughts a few years ago when I joined the Tipping Competition. I didn't join it to win anything but as a donation to keep the site running as Dan would not at the time accept donations to cover site running costs. I have been rejoining the Tipping Comp every year since for the same reason and if Dan now requires more then I will again put my hand in my pocket to give a little more.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Don't worry TE I am sure it's not Dans intention to cut anyone off, if you can afford it, and want to pay, you do, otherwise nothing changes!!

And I think if any of the mods on here see someone jumping on someone else for that reason they should suffer a weeks holiday and longer if they infringe again.

Its a voluntary fee and you get a little something for it but the important word is VOLUNTARY

Thank you Mark but I truly believe it is not fair that Dan has to take up all the costs so this is a fair thing and I accept whatever the rules are. If I can afford it I will pay and contribute and if not then I say thank you fellow supporters for all the good times I have had on this site. By the way as far as I am concerned there were many as there were many characters on this site. Absolutely love it, people with varying opinions to many things, I had many laughs over a lot of things said and done. Thanks again for everything as I have been shown the good in people many times over with my time at Silvertails. It is a great website and I hope it flourishes for many years to give others the pleasure I had and importantly somewhere to talk about the mighty sea eagles with joy. Once again, can't thank you all as much as you all deserve.

All the best. Tony (Townsville Eagle)

Fine by me as I don't really want to meet any women in Asia.

Like to add that I first joined this site during the 2009 Snake drama. Silvertails was the only place I could read information about the case from people who believed Brett should be given the chance to prove his innocence.
All other media sources did everything they could to destroy that young man.
5 years later, still coming on here every day.
You rock Silvertails.

Townsville Eagle said:
If I can afford it I will pay and contribute and if not then I say thank you fellow supporters for all the good times I have had on this site.

Tony, you sound like you think that you will be cut off from access to the site if you don't pay the premium. I just want to reiterate to you that if you don't or can't pay for the voluntary premium then nothing will change as far as access to the site is concerned. As Dan said in the first post of this thread, the premium is only to remove all adverts from the site whilst you are logged in. You will still have the same access to the site as you currently do if you don't or can't pay the voluntary premium. :)

I'm in too.

We all enjoy the fruits of Dan's labour.

No problem kicking in.

Cliffy said:
Is that why those pesky adds are there always poping up and getting in the way when trying to post on a mobile. Lol.

Nah thats just the CSS that needs to be tuned. I try to keep the add visible instead of pinned to the bottom. That way I can use an Above the fold channel instead of below the fold and get a higher price per advert. I will adjust that soon.

In a premium model all adverts would be removed

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2