• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I bet the NRL said that we have $100k in cap relief but the rules for how it may be spent (other than on a like for like player, which is kind of obvious) are yet to be determined. They will get back to us on 11 May, the day after Walker’s court appearance.

Interesting re Dylan. If DeBellin wins does he go straight back in.? Similarly if he gets off the charges on May 10 just before the Magic round is he in the team v Brisbane. Obviously on ability yes - and all of a sudden mid season our backline looks pretty potent across the board.

Do the current suspensions mean they can’t train with the team? If so then the suspension is in effect 2 or 3 weeks longer to get fitness up to scratch.
Anyone know if he’s been training with team ?

I supppse a lot will depend (if he gets off charges) on their future plans for him but with two superstars currently sidelined I reckon another 600k sitting on the bench would be stupid. He needs to play then he dealt with at years end re his future here.

Last edited:
Interesting re Dylan. If DeBellin wins does he go straight back in.? Similarly if he gets off the charges on May 10 just before the Magic round is he in the team v Brisbane. Obviously on ability yes - and all of a sudden mid season our backline looks pretty potent across the board.

Do the current suspensions mean they can’t train with the team? If so then the suspension is in effect 2 or 3 weeks longer to get fitness up to scratch.

I supppse a lot will depend (if he gets off charges) on their future plans for him but with two superstars currently sidelined I reckon another 600k sitting on the bench would be stupid. He needs to play then he dealt with at years end re his future here.

Mary has said if Bellend wins this week he will be picked to play against us. Makes sense that if Bellend wins it would take immediate effect, although the NRL might have a right to appeal and not sure what effect that has. (https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/p...d/news-story/a375f85893847da7912e57bc8c673697)

Also Mary (and us) would need to name our players on the extended bench, which I am not sure is allowable under the ban (although the court may permit it). Team lists are Tues, Courts is Mon to Wednes.

So if he is cleared, one of 2 things would need to occur:
1. The Courts rule the ban illegal and therefore all current players are cleared; or
2. Bellend is cleared to play which establishes a precedent, and then Manly need to apply for clearance under precedent (or the NRL actively waive the ban). Now I only mention this as I dont know if Manly can apply for a ban lift straight away or if there is wait period for the court/judge availability, (or it doesn't matter as the precedent allows him to play).

I wouldn't be surprised if Des doesnt play him in FG this weekend, but picks him in ressies if available.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
here's the hipocracy - Inglis retires but Souths will get a medical retirement despite resigning with an pre existing injury for his full season payment, hmmmm

Like Watmough with Parra?

Rules for some others not.

They can train with the team. Beattie made a big point on saying that player welfare is the highest priority so while they can't play (before going to court) they can train as that makes it all better.

Of course a coach wants a player who cant play to be in the way while running plays, etc.

Keep in mind everyone, that if De Bellin is successful, doesn't mean Mr "consistency is over-rated" greenburg will allow Walker to play. He'll probably make Dylan go through the same process.

here's the hipocracy - Inglis retires but Souths will get a medical retirement despite resigning with an pre existing injury for his full season payment, hmmmm

Word is that 1nglis will be given an ambassador role with Souffs if he retires. Now correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that exactly what the Tigpies got a salary cap penalty for, promising Farah a job once he retires?

Word is that 1nglis will be given an ambassador role with Souffs if he retires. Now correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that exactly what the Tigpies got a salary cap penalty for, promising Farah a job once he retires?
True, but GI will not be a player anymore.

Tigers underpaid Farrah whilst he played footy and were then going to give him the balance as an ambassador employee when he retired

NRL will spin their double contract, boat owner GI story any way they want though :cool:

Last edited:
Another SERIOUSLY. Did anyone just watch Big League wrap. All of 60 seconds on Manly's win while 10 min each on the other games. Fuk the lot of them. This biased bullsht has got to stop. I'm fuking sick to death of the fuking media driven agenda against us.
GUESS WHAT MANLY FUKING HATES YOU TOO.
Pack of c**ts the lot of them.

As well as the 100k concession toddy did offer us 35c off a 'shake & bake,' assuring beatnik that "we can spare it"...
Big of him

Another SERIOUSLY. Did anyone just watch Big League wrap. All of 60 seconds on Manly's win while 10 min each on the other games. Fuk the lot of them. This biased bullsht has got to stop. I'm fuking sick to death of the fuking media driven agenda against us.
Thank you for saving me the time
I was going to watch it on demand later but now you have saved me a hour of nothing.

Im sick of it too! Des probablky loves it. Same thing last week when Jake was on Sunday with Matty Johns, he had to share the one on one interview with that dick Cody Walker, but this week they have Damien Cook and talk about his whole Career.

We got done for being over the cap, whilst we had Matai and Stewart retired because the same idiots wouldn't allow us to take it off our cap. Its a dead set joke!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4