Semi Final Football is a new game.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Captain Obvious here :cop: but semis are a new game with new pressures, especially for us as it is sudden death football. Riding on that will the expectations of the Parra fans who believe their team will win the comp.

For us, expectations outside the club are low and all have tipped us to drop out after game 1. It could help us as the pressure of big matches does funny things to football teams. (Look at Suncorp against Brisbane where the media talked us up!!!)

We have a few players with big game experience and this could assist our team big time. Kennedy has won comps with the Knights, Beaver and Tezza are the last remnants of the mighty 95-97 teams and Kite has played finals footy with St George. Hicks was at Penrith when they won but was in PL. Several others have lower grade experience in big games and Bullet has played interstate games in U19s.

The finals experience and hype/media exposure/pressure etc will be invaluable for our boys and how they turn up to play will tell us a fair bit about them.

Parra are a good team to play this week but the canter we had on Saturday night was nothing compared to what they will throw at us and the pressure we will be under. Go Manly!

im so glad we got Parra more than anyone.

Dragons would tear us to bits. Broncos with Lockyer resting will be too tough in Brisbane. Tigers would of been nice though.

But we got Parra.. absolutely no pressure on us and so much on them to dispose of us.

Its on boys and girls! A FINALS GAME. Im still not over it.

GO U SEA EAGLES!!

Finals football is often a lot tighter and less frills. The fear of a loss reduces the throwing of risky passes. This will even it up a bit for us. Their backs leave us for dead but if they don't want to risk throwing that last pass it will help. Our forwards need to show the same enthusiasm as Friday night and we have a real show.

I'm hopeful that Manly can perform well on Sunday afternoon. Manly need to be wary of 3 players in my opinion. Riddell from dummy half , Tim Smiths running/kicking game & Widders off the bench.Although Tim Smith is still very new to the game , he has proven himself to be a very competent halfback. He'll be putting a lot of kicks through behind our defence for players like Burt , Grothe , Widders etc. This is how they score a lot of their tries.

Tim Smith is a tough little bugger he copped a late shoulder after a kick on Friday night and then a big shot from Carroll a few minutes later and did not seem to faze him. Unfortunately his lack of experience may be helpful to Parra as he will not have enough experience to be scared to try things in a finals match (if you follow my reverse logic)

We are not without a chance though with Hindmarsh and maybe a couple or more of their forwards out. Semi Final footy suits us as we are very limited in attack. But it is a huge task at parra stadium.

Where Parra will have the edge IMO opinion is in the centres. Penguin Smith is playing well, although Tate gave him a bit of a bath on Friday and Tahu is in career best form (which is unfortunate because I've never rated him). We won't have the pace in the centres to worry Smith and he will be defensively strong. I'm not sure who will be marking Tahu, assume probably Mattai, which can be a worry as he tends to be a bit of an arm/jumper grabber at times.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4