• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I am normally a supporter of Des as far as selections go but you have to wonder why Beaver played in the Centres when Steppa (from all reports) was fit and well and played in a 50 - 6 win of the PL team. Hicks was good last week there and also for Country.

nfi why - seems they try it every year, it never works then they dont do it for a while and forget that it doesnt work well

an absolute joke. Beaver does not have the pace anymore.

I still say our strongest team has

2 - Steppa/robertson
3 - Bell
4 - Hicks
5 - Steppa/robertson

If bell is injured Matai slips in.

Agree CW, has Dessie got a bet to settle with someone?

Fairdinkum why doesn't he just give up on the idea.

Steppa is a class 2nd string player, just use him.

agree steppa is more than fine fill in with Hicks to centres,

all we do is weaken the pack,

would love to know the win/loss record of the team when Beaver is in the centres.

I couldnt Believe when Burns went Off he still had Mona's packing in the Scrum , with Dunley Defending at 5/8 , resulting in one of the Sharks Players running straight passed Dunley , was Changed with Dunley packing in the Next scrum , Dunley seriously offers Nothing , he Continually gives away stupid penalties (which Hampstead was on to as so as Dunley came on ) and his defence is woeful sooner mona's plays 80mins the better

Ballin mustn't be much chop if he can't get past the consistent disappointment that is Shane Dunley.

there is no room for Dunners in 2007. He's a fair footy player and can be good on his day, but generally he is frustrating to watch. Good for penalties and errors.

personally, Matai has to be in the side. I like Hicks also and agree he could/should have been centre against sharks, but 2. Hicks 3. Bell 4.Matai. 5. Robertson is the better choice.

When one is out, bring in Steppa to wing and move Hicks in to centre. Menzies in the centres - whilst isn't disastrous, has to stop.

barring Witt last year who has des ever dropped from the established starting 17?

Steppa is about it - but he was hardly establised

Witt is alsoo rumoured to have off field indiscressions so it may not have been form either

Dessy is change adverse. I thought the move ridiculous as well guys. We whooped The Dogs with Steppa on the wing.

Dessy is change adverse. I thought the move ridiculous as well guys. We whooped The Dogs with Steppa on the wing.
funny that ryan i do believe he started the season with monas at 5/8 only took round 3 for him to change that and it worked a treat.

This side doesnt need that many changes.
I gotta say i was excited about having 3 props on the bench saturday night but when willow went early it kind showed up some glaring faults in that.

King has obviously gIven his photos of Des to Dunley and Williamson.

Ballin wants copies but no-one will give him any.

Our defence is much better than last year but our attack still sucks big time and we depend on individual brilliance from bell and stewart for most of our tries. We still don't seem to have playesr in motion of decoy runners when we attack particularly in the opposition 25.

Steppa is a better wing than centre and should be in first grade while bell is out.

All year, we've been hearing that Ballin and Cuthbertson need to be brought up, but quite simply they are not ready. Sure, bring them in from the bench when we have injuries, but they are not the magic answer. Give them time and des will give them experience when required.

Agreed Barks, a couple of people saw Ballin play in a trial v Roosters at the start of the season and think they've seen enough to put him in the starting NRL side. pffft. From what I've seen in PL he certainly isn't outstanding.

Monas and Dunley are way ahead of him. He wont get a start.

Mona's I agree , Dunley hmmmmmmm Jurys out on that one
Byso you thought Burns was Crap , till he Started playing NRL
We Will Never Know , If They Dont get a Chance

Agreed Barks, a couple of people saw Ballin play in a trial v Roosters at the start of the season and think they've seen enough to put him in the starting NRL side. pffft. From what I've seen in PL he certainly isn't outstanding.

Monas and Dunley are way ahead of him. He wont get a start.

we have said the same thing 2 years running about ballin

you dont know until you try

brisbane for all their success stories do have failures - you just dont hear much about it

cuthbo played NRL at prop but plays PL in the second row - so in my opinion isnt getting a proper opportunity

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4