Second rowers for 2017?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Meehan and AFB are props through and through.

Taupau, Lane, Winterstein, Bainbridge and Brown are the current backrowrs we have with first grade experience. Hoppa yet to make his debut.
Bainbridge s couple of years away Barrett said

Jorge Taufua, Shaun Lane or Jamil Hoppa (maybe Willis Meehan) IMO

Don't worry about who we may be signing as for now we are short of a really good back rower to partner Kapow. Lane, Brown..etc are not going to make any impact to a defence line.

Don't worry about who we may be signing as for now we are short of a really good back rower to partner Kapow. Lane, Brown..etc are not going to make any impact to a defence line.

Lane can bend the defense and pop a pass ... its his attitude that is the problem

Lane can, Brown can't. Lane however, would take some time to adjust to playing consistent first grade but I have belief in him rather than anyone else in the side to play in the 12, perhaps Taufua but that's only if we can get someone similar to DWZ or perhaps the man himself to be winger

Lane has huge potential as does Sironen. Great vision imo, two young back rowers with a high ceiling for potential growth. And if we add Bird to the mix along with Matagi as well as what we've already got. That has the makings of one very serious forward pack.

Tepai Moeroa...throw the dollars at that kid. Dale Finucane....tank! John Asiata would be a huge pick up as well. I'd also like to see Hopoate, become a superstar backrower @ Manly.

An addition to my earlier post!!
Sea Eagles set sights on Sironen

By The Mole
October 5, 2016

Classy Tigers back-rower Curtis Sironen is considering a shock switch to Manly – only months after agreeing to extend his deal with the joint venture.
RLW is hearing that Sironen’s management has been holding secret talks with the Sea Eagles about a change of clubs for 2017.
Sironen had an unhappy time at the Tigers this year, spending time in NSW Cup.
He was freely linked with a move to any one of several rival clubs early in the year before committing to stay at the Tigers mid-season.
But with the Sea Eagles freeing up space in the salary cap by releasing long-serving forward Jamie Buhrer to Newcastle yesterday, it opens the door for Sironen.
The talented 23-year-old local junior is the son of Balmain legend Paul Sironen and has played all his football at the Tigers since debuting in 2012.
Would be great if it was 1986 and we were signing his old man !!
I see merit in getting this bloke because though the article has him as a backrower which he now is he has 5/8 experience which would be useful because he's a big mobile lad, especially IF we get close to the line.

Tepai Moeroa...throw the dollars at that kid. Dale Finucane....tank! John Asiata would be a huge pick up as well. I'd also like to see Hopoate, become a superstar backrower @ Manly.
Moeroa would be a good pickup. I also like the idea of taukeiaho, faitala mariner, Fisher Harris or Akauola, It's also a shame what happened to Ben Henry's career. Kid had a lot of talent and was killing it at NZ. Would of loved to see him playing in the manly colours!

Last edited:
Lane has huge potential as does Sironen. Great vision imo, two young back rowers with a high ceiling for potential growth. And if we add Bird to the mix along with Matagi as well as what we've already got. That has the makings of one very serious forward pack.
Love your work Kevin !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4