Season Launch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ange

Reserve Grader
A couple of my friends and were considering going to the Season Launch but as we have never been we were wondering if it is normally a good night or not as it is $250 per head. So any info would be appreciated, thanks

I have been to a couple some years ago. It is a good night, worth doing once I reckon.

Whether it is worth $250 not sure but you only Live once

You’d have a ball but not sure I’d pay $500 a couple for what will be a few drinks and some form of meal. But I’m a tight arse these days so don’t take my opinion for anything other than an opinion.

The awards night at the end of the year is probably better value.

You’d have a ball but not sure I’d pay $500 a couple for what will be a few drinks and some form of meal. But I’m a tight arse these days so don’t take my opinion for anything other than an opinion.

The awards night at the end of the year is probably better value.
Not sure the 2018 end of season awards? Not much value there?

A couple of my friends and were considering going to the Season Launch but as we have never been we were wondering if it is normally a good night or not as it is $250 per head. So any info would be appreciated, thanks
I’ve only been to one - 2008 down at the Opera House. Turned out pretty good haha

@Wheel is your man on the ground there. He was going to give us a hot off the presses wrap up.................soon

2AA87D19-5976-48BF-BD24-44C5464305E7.jpeg
Great night was had, boys were very behaved! Des was inspirational - he is nothing like the Des in the press conference.

Had a good chat with Donny- the boys had done the hard work, he said the attitude and commitment he has seen across the playing group is as good as any team he has been involved in. Everyone is looking forward to getting on the field - there will be no excuses.

I am more hopeful of having a fruitful season after listening to a few key people and feeling the vibe!

Lyall said to Abbott that the funding agreement for COE is in place today (Thursday) or words to that effect

Paseka still in knee brace. Kelepi’s injury/op not serious and he is recovering very well.

Last edited:
View attachment 10868 Great night was had, boys were very behaved! Des was inspirational - he is nothing like the Des in the press conference.

Had a good chat with Donny- the boys had done the hard work, he said the attitude and commitment he has seen across the playing group is as good as any team he has been involved in. Everyone is looking forward to getting on the field - there will be no excuses.

I am more hopeful of having a fruitful season after listening to a few key people and feeling the vibe!

Lyall said to Abbott that the funding agreement for COE is in place today (Thursday) or words to that effect

Paseka still in knee brace. Kelepi’s injury/op not serious and he is recovering very well.
Thank you @The Wheel .This is what the game and our club is all about and not personal agendas

Another interesting point is the positive attitude amongst our leaders . All ready to go and HOPEFUL without any EXCUSES .

None of this rubbish talk of looking at the form of players from last year but only looking at what they are capable of .

Writing off players and labeling them as hopeless before a game is played is a very pessimistic , useless and meaningless attitude .

It is like going into the boxing ring and diving for the count before the bell goes off for round one . That is how appalling this defeatist attitude really is
image.jpg

Last edited:
Kelepi’s injury/op not serious and he is recovering very well.

That's good news. I think he is a key part to our likely improvement this year, so we need him fit and firing. Any idea of likely recovery timeframe ?

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4